Those 'Debt Free' Blades.

7 hours ago, m williamson said:

You know cuttsie it's always a good idea to think things through before jumping in and making yourself look daft. I appreciate that that isn't your style but you really should give it a go.

Correct me if I'm wrong ( can't be bothered to check ) but on another thread about politics didn't you get confused and accuse me of calling the UK a Third World Country when I was pointing out that in EU terms we were a Third Country?

Saudi Arabia has a very poor Human Rights record, that's true. Thailand also has a less than perfect record of Human Rights https://www.amnesty.org/en/location/asia-and-the-pacific/south-east-asia-and-the-pacific/thailand/report-thailand/

https://www.hrw.org/world-report/2020/country-chapters/thailand

Britain also has a less than perfect record when it comes to Human Rights  https://www.hrw.org/news/2023/01/12/human-rights-watch-issues-damning-verdict-uk#:~:text=The UK government also continued to fund countries,Council resolution on racism%2C racial discrimination%2C and xenophobia.

Is the Prince or Chancer personally involved in any of that? Is any British football club owner involved in the UK violations of Human Rights?

Meanwhile, when it comes to dodgy dealings, in financial terms your club is far and away the leader in this town. In fact it's the only thing you have been the leader in in this town this century.

Daft !!!!!!!! Try it , It gets you through the day .As to the human rights I know all about the points you bring up but still do not like the Saudi buy out of our clubs , Man City and Newcastle and to a lesser intent Sheff Unt are three involved .

One of em is still under enquiry from  FIFA as we speak .

If a Country   Owners  are buying clubs as the Saudi and its neighbours are then football is on a slippery slope ..

As to the Owls Chansari has made big mistakes although I think he has learned .   United???? well I know a lass who who worked there and I will leave it at that as to finances .

Bring back Sheffield owners for Sheffield clubs would be a step in the right direction that Kid from Parsons Cross who was in charge of the Owls at one time had a good try din't he .

22 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Daft !!!!!!!! Try it , It gets you through the day .As to the human rights I know all about the points you bring up but still do not like the Saudi buy out of our clubs , Man City and Newcastle and to a lesser intent Sheff Unt are three involved .

If a Country   Owners  are buying clubs as the Saudi and its neighbours are then football is on a slippery slope ..

As to the Owls Chansari has made big mistakes although I think he has learned .   United???? well I know a lass who who worked there and I will leave it at that as to finances .

Bring back Sheffield owners for Sheffield clubs would be a step in the right direction that Kid from Parsons Cross who was in charge of the Owls at one time had a good try din't he .

Saudi don't own Man City.

1 hour ago, cuttsie said:

I completely agree that foreign owners in it for reasons other than football are damaging the game. Problem is there's absolutely nothing us supporters can do about it, it's gone too far. The people who run this country would sell their mothers soul for money. 

Germany insist on 51% club supporters ownership of clubs. Which is why the dodgy billionaires come here where they can do as they please.

I'm afraid money rules and it's only going to get worse.

12 hours ago, m williamson said:

You know cuttsie it's always a good idea to think things through before jumping in and making yourself look daft. I appreciate that that isn't your style but you really should give it a go.

Correct me if I'm wrong ( can't be bothered to check ) but on another thread about politics didn't you get confused and accuse me of calling the UK a Third World Country when I was pointing out that in EU terms we were a Third Country?

Saudi Arabia has a very poor Human Rights record, that's true. Thailand also has a less than perfect record of Human Rights https://www.amnesty.org/en/location/asia-and-the-pacific/south-east-asia-and-the-pacific/thailand/report-thailand/

https://www.hrw.org/world-report/2020/country-chapters/thailand

Britain also has a less than perfect record when it comes to Human Rights  https://www.hrw.org/news/2023/01/12/human-rights-watch-issues-damning-verdict-uk#:~:text=The UK government also continued to fund countries,Council resolution on racism%2C racial discrimination%2C and xenophobia.

Is the Prince or Chancer personally involved in any of that? Is any British football club owner involved in the UK violations of Human Rights?

Meanwhile, when it comes to dodgy dealings, in financial terms your club is far and away the leader in this town. In fact it's the only thing you have been the leader in in this town this century.

Any chance of letting us know what these are?

14 minutes ago, m williamson said:

I completely agree that foreign owners in it for reasons other than football are damaging the game. Problem is there's absolutely nothing us supporters can do about it, it's gone too far. The people who run this country would sell their mothers soul for money. 

Germany insist on 51% club supporters ownership of clubs. Which is why the dodgy billionaires come here where they can do as they please.

I'm afraid money rules and it's only going to get worse.

I think we must have met , I have had this conversation before , I think!!!!!!!

Any way I enjoy our chats on here it makes a nice change from the usual drivel we aren all guilty off now and  then.

21 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Any chance of letting us know what these are?

No problem. I formed and ran my own company for sixteen years so I know a little bit about how  business works. In order for companies to survive and prosper they have to be paid for their services.

We once had a company go into receivership leaving a dept of £17,500 owing to our business. They then resurrected themselves using a different name but with the same set of directors. 

I consider not paying debts and avoiding responsibility as dodgy dealing.

There is also the fact that the Sheffield Wednesday that exists today is not the same Sheffield Wednesday Football Club that existed in 1989. That SWFC only exists on paper now.

Why do you think that is?

A sensible Wednesdayite would avoid getting into a discussion as to which Sheffield professional club has the cleanest pair of hands. Then again that doesn't describe you, does it top?

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, m williamson said:

No problem. I formed and ran my own company for sixteen years so I know a little bit about how  business works. In order for companies to survive and prosper they have to be paid for their services.

We once had a company go into receivership leaving a dept of £17,500 owing to our business. They then resurrected themselves using a different name but with the same set of directors. 

I consider not paying debts and avoiding responsibility as dodgy dealing.

There is also the fact that the Sheffield Wednesday that exists today is not the same Sheffield Wednesday Football Club that existed in 1989. That SWFC only exists on paper now.

Why do you think that is?

A sensible Wednesdayite would avoid getting into a discussion as to which Sheffield professional club has the cleanest pair of hands. Then again that doesn't describe you, does it top?

There seems to be some on here and Tops is the prime example but not the only one who posts nonsense and falsehoods and then ignores it when pulled up and asked to validate their rubbish.

Very ignorant of them but not unexpected.