Those 'Debt Free' Blades.

9 hours ago, Alextopman said:

Why waste your time on such an ignorant poster, he clearly makes it up as he goes on and flatly refuses to answer any questions put to him regarding his lies.

You're wasting your time Pal, the lights are on but no one is home.

I'm retired so have time and it amuses me to find out what this character will come up with next.  Maybe I have a bit of a cruel streak?

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, m williamson said:

Replying to a previous post of mine you said that me pointing out that I had experience of running my own business was irrelevant. It wasn't, it meant that I actually have knowledge and experience as to how business works.

You apparently haven't got a clue. Amongst the customers of my company were Sheffield City Council, The University of Sheffield, South Yorkshire Passenger Transport , University of Leeds, Humberside Council and Sheffield United FC.

Our terms of business were payment within thirty days. Those terms were made perfectly clear in our contract terms.

Not one of the organisations above paid in thirty days, we were fortunate if they paid in sixty days, most of them pushed it to ninety days.

Despite which I wanted to do business with organisations such as those far more than with our other small business and private customers.

Why? Because I knew that those customers would eventually pay, they were blue chip customers. The money owed was safe, if I had a meeting with the bank manager and he/she expressed concern about our overdraft I showed them proof of how mutch we were owed and who owed it to us.

Names like the above satisfied the bank.

Thankfully SWFC weren't a customer ( one of their directors was but he was a gentleman ) if they had have been it may well have been a different story.

Wednesday did worse than late payment, they didn't pay the Co-Op at all, did they?

So earlier you said not paying suppliers on time was "dodgy dealing" now you've found out your own club did it it's acceptable business practice 🤣

Most of the money owed to the Co-op was interest, both parties mutually agreed to cancel the money owed, that's it.

4 hours ago, m williamson said:

I'm retired so have time and it amuses me to find out what this character will come up with next.  Maybe I have a bit of a cruel streak?

I don't reply to the idiot you've quoted as I blocked his immature responses ages ago, I've replied to each one of yours. 

4 hours ago, Man in Crete said:

So dr tops there’s a swfc fans forum next week simple question will you be attending?

Simple answer - no.

43 minutes ago, top4718 said:

So earlier you said not paying suppliers on time was "dodgy dealing" now you've found out your own club did it it's acceptable business practice 🤣

Most of the money owed to the Co-op was interest, both parties mutually agreed to cancel the money owed, that's it.

Hilarious!  You really don't have a clue how business works do you?

It might not be ideal but taking longer to pay than the terms stated is normal business practice. It would be great if that wasn't the case but it is the case.

Companies ask for thirty days, they get paid at sixty if they're lucky and ninety if not. That is still preferable to dealing with organisations that don't pay at all and leave you having to pay for wages and material you've paid out for with no income to cover for it.

" Most of the money owed to the Co-op was interest, both parties mutually agreed to cancel the money owed, that's it "

Absolutely incredible comment. How do you think banks make their money? How do you imagine they pay wages, building rent or purchase, IT equipment, rates and income tax?

Banks make a major amount of their income from interest, that's how they operate. The only reason the Co-op agreed was because they had no choice, they'd been fooled into loaning money to an organisation that didn't have the wherewithal to honour the debt and repay them.

Being named as the company that was involved in the bankruptcy of a football club - even a third division one - wasn't something the bank wanted to be associated with and they probably wouldn't have got paid anyway.

Your club took full advantage of the situation and any owl bringing up financial arguments with a Blade is on a hiding to nothing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, top4718 said:

I don't reply to the idiot you've quoted as I blocked his immature responses ages ago, I've replied to each one of yours. 

Simple answer - no.

Most of the money the co op were left on for was interest he says, either way they still owed it but it was reported they were bumped for 17 million, do you really think that was all interest?.

Edited by Alextopman
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, m williamson said:

Hilarious!  You really don't have a clue how business works do you?

It might not be ideal but taking longer to pay than the terms stated is normal business practice. It would be great if that wasn't the case but it is the case.

Companies ask for thirty days, they get paid at sixty if they're lucky and ninety if not. That is still preferable to dealing with organisations that don't pay at all and leave you having to pay for wages and material you've paid out for with no income to cover for it.

" Most of the money owed to the Co-op was interest, both parties mutually agreed to cancel the money owed, that's it "

Absolutely incredible comment. How do you think banks make their money? How do you imagine they pay wages, building rent or purchase, IT equipment, rates and income tax?

Banks make a major amount of their income from interest, that's how they operate. The only reason the Co-op agreed was because they had no choice, they'd been fooled into loaning money to an organisation that didn't have the wherewithal to honour the debt and repay them.

Being named as the company that was involved in the bankruptcy of a football club - even a third division one - wasn't something the bank wanted to be associated with and they probably wouldn't have got paid anyway.

Your club took full advantage of the situation and any owl bringing up financial arguments with a Blade is on a hiding to nothing.

I don't know how businesses work but I've been a manager of one for 22 years 🤣 You said that owing a small company could send them under, how about o=if you wait that long for a payment you have to get solicitors involved like some did with SUFC, as you said (but have now backtracked) its dodgy dealings, thanks for the business lecture but I'll pass, we're doing fine.

Has the Co-op gone bust since this mutual agreement over a decade ago, I don't think they have, your non payments were in the last few months and companies without the financial strength of the Co-op will have suffered as a result.

14 minutes ago, top4718 said:

I don't know how businesses work but I've been a manager of one for 22 years 🤣 You said that owing a small company could send them under, how about o=if you wait that long for a payment you have to get solicitors involved like some did with SUFC, as you said (but have now backtracked) its dodgy dealings, thanks for the business lecture but I'll pass, we're doing fine.

Has the Co-op gone bust since this mutual agreement over a decade ago, I don't think they have, your non payments were in the last few months and companies without the financial strength of the Co-op will have suffered as a result.

So it's ok not to pay 17 million pounds you owe someone as long as they don't go bankrupt.

I'm sure their shareholders who a vast amount are hard working members of the public will appreciate that.

You talk utter tripe and everyone can see it.

Edited by Alextopman
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, top4718 said:

When you say manager of one I'm assuming you leave the financial and debt collection side of things to people who are capable?

Having worked my way from 'the tools' through sales, management to Regional Director of a national PLC it wasn't until I started my own business that actual reality dawned.

I never got solicitors involved in debt recovery for the simple reason that it would be pointless, their fees would ensure that. The only time I involved  lawyers was when a company infringed our Trade Mark, fortunately they settled and payed our legal fees which were £38,000 at that point.

So your excuse for your clubs action is that it's okay because allthough it involved millions the Co-op didn't go bust? Are you saying that when this happened no small business supplier to Wednesday suffered in any way?

You really ought to stop making yourself look daft by trying to make out that your club is somehow better in this ( or any respect ) than United. You have enough to worry about down at S6.

https://theathletic.com/2691639/2021/07/07/sheffield-wednesday-accounts-wages-rent-hillsborough/

1 hour ago, m williamson said:

When you say manager of one I'm assuming you leave the financial and debt collection side of things to people who are capable?

Having worked my way from 'the tools' through sales, management to Regional Director of a national PLC it wasn't until I started my own business that actual reality dawned.

I never got solicitors involved in debt recovery for the simple reason that it would be pointless, their fees would ensure that. The only time I involved  lawyers was when a company infringed our Trade Mark, fortunately they settled and payed our legal fees which were £38,000 at that point.

So your excuse for your clubs action is that it's okay because allthough it involved millions the Co-op didn't go bust? Are you saying that when this happened no small business supplier to Wednesday suffered in any way?

You really ought to stop making yourself look daft by trying to make out that your club is somehow better in this ( or any respect ) than United. You have enough to worry about down at S6.

https://theathletic.com/2691639/2021/07/07/sheffield-wednesday-accounts-wages-rent-hillsborough/

I keep trying to read that but a large add keeps popping up obscuring the page , however l did see the  date mentioned  as. 2020????

1 hour ago, cuttsie said:

I keep trying to read that but a large add keeps popping up obscuring the page , however l did see the  date mentioned  as. 2020????

July 2021 but in what way have Wednesdays finances vastly improved since then? As far as I'm aware there is no prize money for winning the League 1 playoff final as the increased revenue in the Championship is considered enough of a prize. At least that's what it says here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EFL_League_One_play-offs

Obviously, there will be an increase in revenue but It's difficult to see how that will compensate for the current situation. Personaly I'm not happy with what's going on at the Lane either, despite which we're in a better position than Wednesday.

None of this whole unfortunate situation with both clubs has anything to do with the supporters. There's nothing we can do about it and people who don't have the same connection with the clubs that we do will decide our fate.

However, when some fool comes on a thread about the Blades and starts trying to suggest that somehow his club are righteous through and through and them Blades are villianous a reply is required.

• Like 2