Fiery Fred Requiscat In Pace

Those with long memories may recall how Yorkshire Cricket Club used to play in Sheffield. I'm sure many will be saddened to learn that Freddie Trueman has been given out and has made his way up the pavilion steps.

I recall seeing on TV the match when he reached the milestone of 300 test wickets.

He will be missed, not just for his cricket playing, but his skill as a commentator on TMS.

Those with long memories may recall how Yorkshire Cricket Club used to play in Sheffield. I'm sure many will be saddened to learn that Freddie Trueman has been given out and has made his way up the pavilion steps.

I recall seeing on TV the match when he reached the milestone of 300 test wickets.

He will be missed, not just for his cricket playing, but his skill as a commentator on TMS.

I’ll agree to that — although I have to say the Latin heading’s a bit much. I know what it means, but does everyone else?

Remember when he really started to hit the high spots. We were shopping in Cole Bros, 1952 and there on the TV screens was the Indian score: 0 for 4 wickets. I think. That could have been the innings when he took 8-31. Saw him commentating at Lords at the England v Rest of the World one dayer in 1987. Mid-day, first pint of the day going down with Trevor Bailey hovering in the background with the next round on a tray. R.I.P Fred.

Great cricketer, my Dad said he was the best ever bowler ,no one could touch him.I used to watch indoor league,his line at the end of the show was I'll Sithie.R.I.P.

Archived