Arctic Monkeys Concerts In Hillsborough Park

11 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Why does the land have to be flat ?

I was suggest it would need to be relatively flat to host thousands of people safely in front of the stage. You don't see people at Glastonbury perched on hillsides at the side of the Pyramid Stage. 

Hillsborough Park is relatively flat compared to both Norfolk and Graves. 

Edited by HeHasRisen

First it was Tramlines. It's only one weekend, they said. Except it's not, the park is boarded up off limits for a week before and a week after. And then lots of roads are shut on the days involved whic makes it difficult to get down to Hillsborough. Now it's the same thing with the Arctic Monkeys so that will be a whole month that the park's out of action. Maybe it would be good of the council to give us all a council tax rebate for loss of facilities. I wouldn't mind so much if it was somebody good but all we get is indie rubbish.

Edited by metalman
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, metalman said:

First it was Tramlines. It's only one weekend, they said. Except it's not, the park is boarded up off limits for a week before and a week after. And then lots of roads are shut on the days involved whic makes it difficult to get down to Hillsborough. Now it's the same thing with the Arctic Monkeys so that will be a whole month that the park's out of action. Maybe it would be good of the council to give us all a council tax rebate for loss of facilities. I wouldn't mind so much if it was somebody good but all we get is indie rubbish.

How much of a rebate do you think one park out of action for 1/12th of the year would actually equate to in terms of a rebate? 

Show your working. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, metalman said:

You should see how often the Botanical Gardens are closed for events.

Enjoy the fact that world class groups are playing live in the city.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

Enjoy the fact that world class groups are playing live in the city.

I'm waiting for the "Baubles" to appear live in the City.

One appearance at "Padders Bar" is not enough............

• Haha 1