Arctic Monkeys Concerts In Hillsborough Park

23 minutes ago, top4718 said:

"All the songs were slowed down" - no. they. wern't.

Can I asked why you watched if you dislike them so much?

I didn't. I've seen clips on Twitter last night when plenty were laying into them. He sounds like Vic Reeves doing songs in the club style and the three songs in the clips I saw the songs are slower than the original. 

Sorry if this offends you. Clearly everyone who agrees with me about the Vic Reeves thing are just jealous haters 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edited by HeHasRisen

3 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

I didn't. I've seen clips on Twitter last night when plenty were laying into them. He sounds like Vic Reeves doing songs in the club style and the three songs in the clips I saw the songs are slower than the original. 

Sorry if this offends you. Clearly everyone who agrees with me about the Vic Reeves thing are just jealous haters 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Hmmm... :huh:

They're more likely to be HHR fan club members... :hihi:

• Haha 1

On 24/06/2023 at 14:27, Irene Swaine said:

Disco 2000 is a great song. I'm not too keen on Common People though.

This is either the funniest or most wretched post I've ever read, taken in context of the post it is a reply to

Edited by MJ01
  • Thanks 1

Like some others, I don't get the phenomenon that is the Arctic Monkeys but good luck to them for managing to get all that money out of a sizeable chunk of the of the music buying public. 

I've seen some of their Glastonbury set via the BBC's I-Player & I put the subtitles on so I could get some sense of their songs.  Reading the lyrics, it's like bad poetry set to music.  As for the frontman, Alex Turner, with his prancing & posing, he comes across as a poor man's Jarvis Cocker but devoid of any charisma that Cocker possess.   He has little in tbe way of interaction with the audience. 

Best band I've seen so far are the Foo Fighters.  Now their frontman, David Grohl knows how to work an audience & comes across as actually enjoying himself.  

Edited by Baron99

9 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Like some others, I don't get the phenomenon that is the Arctic Monkeys but good luck to them for managing to get all that money out of a sizeable chunk of the of the music buying public. 

I've seen some of their Glastonbury set via the BBC's I-Player & I put the subtitles on so I could get some sense of their songs.  Reading the lyrics, it's like bad poetry set to music.  As for the frontman, Alex Turner, with his prancing & posing, he comes across as a poor man's Jarvis Cocker but devoid of any charisma that Cocker possess.   He has little in tbe way of interaction with the audience. 

Best band I've seen so far are the Foo Fighters.  Now their frontman, David Grohl knows how to work an audience & comes across as actually enjoying himself.  

I watched Rick Astley earlier, from yesterday. Magnificent stuff.  Having the time of his life he was. 

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Like 1