Arctic Monkeys Concerts In Hillsborough Park

5 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Thats fine, the world moves on though with no music and new acts, Glastonbury isnt going to fill its stage with 50s and 60s crooners. Mainly because they are mostly dead, mind.

James Dean and Buddy Holly would have sold out Glastonbury 10 times over.

16 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Off to Youtube you go along with Padders then!

Yeh! Off  to watch real Talent on You Tube,  the vast majority of spectators at Glastonbury wouldn't know the difference if the Band of the St Johns Ambulance Brigade  or Death Leopard were on stage because they are off their nuts. :roll:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Padders said:

That's correct,

I must have been thinking of someone else, can't think who though?  

Sorry...

Probably Dean Martin but its not your fault being confused when you have that Nutter Parrot creating Havoc all day long. :hihi:

• Haha 1

Have to say that I enjoyed what I saw of the AM Glasto set - loved the opening track and then into ripping version of Brianstorm. I was sceptical about the direction they've been going in but I'm liking this version the more I see of them.

They're not 18 and going round West Street, getting drunk and fighting bouncers, any longer, so of course their style is going to change. I'm quite happy with the lack of interaction with the audience - they're there to perform and the audience want to hear the songs, not listen to him prattle on inanely.

As always, it wouldn't do for everyone to like the same things, but Alex is no longer just the singer/guitarist, he's becoming a showman, which I like.

• Like 2