Arctic Monkeys Concerts In Hillsborough Park

7 hours ago, ShotoKarate said:

I live just up the road from the park and they are currently doing a sound check ... it is ridiculously loud. There is now way this concert should be allowed to be going ahead. It's in the middle of a residential area and for that noise to going on is out of order!!!

Why isn't it at the arena? Or the Sheff Wed ground? At least there the noise would be shielded a bit by the stands!!!

Starts around 5pm, so will be done way before the legal cut-off (9pm I believe)

Not sure if it's the exact thing it falls under, but... 

"It’s an offence to use loudspeakers for any purpose in the street at night between 9pm and 8am."

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/noise-nuisances-how-councils-deal-with-complaints#loudspeakers-in-the-street

But also, on the link above... it's allowed "if the council gives consent" any ways so...

Edited by Ghozer

8 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

So because its a band you dont like you dont want the event to go ahead

Seems a bit selfish and hypocritical 

If it was somebody I desperately wanted to see I'd still say it's in the wrong place.

6 hours ago, Ghozer said:

Starts around 5pm, so will be done way before the legal cut-off (9pm I believe)

Not sure if it's the exact thing it falls under, but... 

But also, on the link above... it's allowed "if the council gives consent" any ways so...

The gates open at 5pm. There’s 2 support acts on before the Arctic Monkeys who are then on for around 90 minutes.

It finishes around 10:30.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

90 minutes. Is that it? 

Bruce Springsteen is double their ages and does double that, what a con. 

Pfft I take it you never saw Ken Dodd, once saw him at Scarborough,  show started at 7.00 pm, we left the Theatre at 12.30am.

• Like 1

On the Star website it says:

Holme Lane close up to its junction with Wadsley Lane. Holme Lane does not have a junction with Wadsley Lane. They are about half a mile from each other

Infirmary Road closed to its junction with Rudyard Road. Infirmary Road does not have a junction with Rudyard Road, again they are about half a mile from each other.

Does anybody know the real situation? This evening I need to get from Walkley to my Mum's near Wisewood, then to Fox Hill.

48 minutes ago, jgharston said:

On the Star website it says:

Holme Lane close up to its junction with Wadsley Lane. Holme Lane does not have a junction with Wadsley Lane. They are about half a mile from each other

Infirmary Road closed to its junction with Rudyard Road. Infirmary Road does not have a junction with Rudyard Road, again they are about half a mile from each other.

Does anybody know the real situation? This evening I need to get from Walkley to my Mum's near Wisewood, then to Fox Hill.

Same thing showing on Yorkshire Live website.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/sheffield-road-closures-arctic-monkeys-27086940

Reading the whole thing it I think they've got Wadsley Lane mixed up with Walkley Lane and don't know Infirmary Road becomes Langsett Road where the north end of the Kelvin Flats used to be.

Edited by Longcol