Calendar News

6 minutes ago, vmam said:

Your lucky. We've moved just over the border into Derbyshire and can't get Sheffield's calendar, it's all  Notts and Derby. Moved ten miles and it's gone.

All the ITV regions are available on Sky, Sky lock channel 103 to your postcode but all regions are available in the 900s or by adding it as an extra channel. 

If you only have Freeview simply point your aerial towards Crosspool or Emley Moor and do a retune, you may get lucky depending where you are. 

Edited by HeHasRisen

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

All the ITV regions are available on Sky, Sky lock channel 103 to your postcode but all regions are available in the 900s or by adding it as an extra channel. 

If you only have Freeview simply point your aerial towards Crosspool or Emley Moor and do a retune, you may get lucky depending where you are. 

I was staying in a guest house in Skegness recently, owned by a couple from Barnsley. I switched the television on and was surprised it was tuned to ITV Yorkshire!

3 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

I was staying in a guest house in Skegness recently, owned by a couple from Barnsley. I switched the television on and was surprised it was tuned to ITV Yorkshire!

That's because most (if not all) of Lincolnshire is covered by the "Yorkshire" region anyway, nothing special there. 

Edited by HeHasRisen

On 09/06/2023 at 18:59, hackey lad said:

Oh my lord . A thirty minute programme filled with three different stories about charities and the Knaresbororough  bed race .  Has nothing newsworthy happened in Yorkshire today ?

No news is good news.

Nobody got stabbed, there were no terrible car crashes, the scrotes were behaving themselves for once, the hospitals and schools were functioning properly, the shops had produce, and all was well in South Yorkshire...

Be careful what you wish for...

7 hours ago, Bilge said:

Are Calendar News and Look North still going? If so, why?

Because OFCOM forces the BBC and ITV to have local news. That's essentially it. I have no doubt at least one of the two would drop all local news requirements if they didn't have to show it. 

3 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Because OFCOM forces the BBC and ITV to have local news. That's essentially it. I have no doubt at least one of the two would drop all local news requirements if they didn't have to show it. 

The BBC most definitely wouldn't. The 6.30 Regional News slot is often the highest rating programme of the day.

ITV's 6.00 Regional News does well too but is costly to make so ITV might want to drop it if the could.

3 minutes ago, BigPP said:

The BBC most definitely wouldn't. The 6.30 Regional News slot is often the highest rating programme of the day.

ITV's 6.00 Regional News does well too but is costly to make so ITV might want to drop it if the could.

With the license fee not going up with inflation I would have no doubt that the BBC would look to streamline regional operations if they were allowed to.

Yes it may be highly rated however it requires 15 (?) separate studios, delivering 15 different news programmes, with 15 sets of staff, in order to do so, it must cost an absolute bomb compared to, say, extending the One Show to an hour 6.30-7.30pm each day instead.

Edited by HeHasRisen