Taking Your Infant On Holiday Is Pointless

They won't remember anything and they won't be able to appreciate any sights they see or experiences they have. Infants are just loud and annoy everyone else and bring other people's experiences down. If you're about to have a baby, you should be prepared to not take them out to places until they're in control of their own emotions and understand the concepts of "inside voices."

Before everyone asks... no, I don't have kids, but I'm interested in hearing opinions from parents of young children.

I still think you shouldn't take an infant on a plane unless it's absolutely necessary (you're moving/visiting family) because flying is miserable enough already unless you're wealthy enough for first-class. Just drive somewhere until your child is in control of their emotions old enough to know proper travelling etiquette.

Just straight up don't take them to sit-down restaurants or the cinema. Those can wait.

55 minutes ago, Hanzo said:

They won't remember anything and they won't be able to appreciate any sights they see or experiences they have. Infants are just loud and annoy everyone else and bring other people's experiences down. If you're about to have a baby, you should be prepared to not take them out to places until they're in control of their own emotions and understand the concepts of "inside voices."

Before everyone asks... no, I don't have kids, but I'm interested in hearing opinions from parents of young children.

I still think you shouldn't take an infant on a plane unless it's absolutely necessary (you're moving/visiting family) because flying is miserable enough already unless you're wealthy enough for first-class. Just drive somewhere until your child is in control of their emotions old enough to know proper travelling etiquette.

Just straight up don't take them to sit-down restaurants or the cinema. Those can wait.

Pop them over to Florida. 

I hear that it is nice in the autumn 

2 hours ago, Hanzo said:

That’s the way to do it. Ease yourself in with one or two boring posts then , 

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Childfree airways would be my first company set up if I won the lottery.

That's a bit harsh.  There's plenty of room with the luggage.

The OP has obviously had a bad experience of a noisy / crying child within their midst.  I'm more concerned with the lack of effective control over those who choose to pollute my air and offend my nostrils with smoking cannabis (skunk) in public places and in neighbouring gardens!

Should be merged into the 'Daily Moan' thread?