Taking Your Infant On Holiday Is Pointless

2 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

Childfree airways would be my first company set up if I won the lottery.

Surprise, surprise,  Full of love for kids this guy.

Probably had a bad time growing up  due to being the most unpopular kid in the neighbourhood.

I don't disagree with the OP tbh. The next two foreign holidays we are on we are off to "adults only" hotels. 

Adult only planes is perhaps a stretch but I don't see an issue with, say, making the front X rows of a plane adult only and curtain it off. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

I don't disagree with the OP tbh. The next two foreign holidays we are on we are off to "adults only" hotels. 

Adult only planes is perhaps a stretch but I don't see an issue with, say, making the front X rows of a plane adult only and curtain it off. 

My ideal would be a castle with a moat and turrets like the ones in Portal.

I have a great deal of sympathy for parents having to deal with screaming toddlers amidst a plane full of tutting passengers, though of course some do think that their own happy indulgence of their kids' behaviour should be shared by all.  Nontheless, drop-kicking a screaming brat down the aisle is always an option should you find yourself sitting next to a particularly hyper example.

I have to agree up to a point with the above posts,  it's a nightmare having to listen to screaming babies,  they are out of control when upset and there is no escape for  the rest of the passengers.

It’s an age thing - when my children were young,we were always very conscious that some  people around us (in restaurants, on planes etc) didn’t appreciate their leisure time being disrupted by  crying/misbehaving children . So we made sure  ours behaved themselves ,obviously within reasonable boundaries . Nowadays things are different - everything is child-focussed ( I see this in my own grandchildren) and standards have changed. We have to accept this and there are plenty of “ adult only “ or child free “ options  - and grandparents have to keep quiet ( interesting though,that in our house “ grandma’s rules “ prevail  and the children happily conform ,even though they are quite different from the everyday  status quo they are used to!) .

10 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Swingers ?