Taking Your Infant On Holiday Is Pointless

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/06/2023 at 06:43, Al Bundy said:

Childfree airways would be my first company set up if I won the lottery.

I absolutely agree with that comment Mr. Bundy.

So, this morning, being a Sunday, I'm going to do my own sermon on selfishness...

It's called the "Parable of the British Airways Flight to Las Vegas"

There was a wicked man who had agreed to go on a golfing holiday with his boss, plainly, this had not gone down well with his wife, who had demanded that she come too, and their children, one of whom was a baby.

Now British Airways does not allow you to smoke while on board, or carry knitting needles or have sexual intercourse with other passengers.

You are also not allowed to board if you have shoes with explosive soles or if you've had one too many tinctures in the departure lounge.

And if you make any sort of joke, about anything at all, in earshot of the stewardesses , you will be tied to your seat as though it was 1420 and you were in the stocks.......

But you are allowed, welcomed even, into the club-class section of the plane even if you are accompanied by what is essentially a huge lung covered only in a light veneer of skin.

It's simply not fair to impose your screaming child on other people.

The family at the centre of this mornings parable were seated in club-class, just in front of me and my late wife,

I said their annoying me, the wife said she wanted to kill them.

This happened about 25 years ago when we went to Vegas, todays planes are much more modern, fitted with all mod-cons, Fine,

so why can't they fit soundproofed overhead lockers into which babies can be placed?

The crying began before the 737 was airborne, and built to a climax as we reached cruise height, and this was the longest climax in the history of sound, it went on, at Krakatoan volume, without hesitation, until we began the descent eight hours later, at which point, thanks to a change in pressure on the lung's tiny earholes, the noise reached new and terrifying heights, I honestly thought the plane's windows would shatter.

We spent a full week in Vegas, terrified that the lung would be on our night flight back to Britain.

It wasn't, and this is the point of my sermon, I do not know what happened to it.

But if their really is a God, I'd like to think it was eaten by a shark.................

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Padders said:

I absolutely agree with that comment Mr. Bundy.

So, this morning, being a Sunday, I'm going to do my own sermon on selfishness...

It's called the "Parable of the British Airways Flight to Las Vegas"

There was a wicked man who had agreed to go on a golfing holiday with his boss, plainly, this had not gone down well with his wife, who had demanded that she come too, and their children, one of whom was a baby.

Now British Airways does not allow you to smoke while on board, or carry knitting needles or have sexual intercourse with other passengers.

You are also not allowed to board if you have shoes with explosive soles or if you've had one too many tinctures in the departure lounge.

And if you make any sort of joke, about anything at all, in earshot of the stewardesses , you will be tied to your seat as though it was 1420 and you were in the stocks.......

But you are allowed, welcomed even, into the club-class section of the plane even if you are accompanied by what is essentially a huge lung covered only in a light veneer of skin.

It's simply not fair to impose your screaming child on other people.

The family at the centre of this mornings parable were seated in club-class, just in front of me and my late wife,

I said their annoying me, the wife said she wanted to kill them.

This happened about 25 years ago when we went to Vegas, todays planes are much more modern, fitted with all mod-cons, Fine,

so why can't they fit soundproofed overhead lockers into which babies can be placed?

The crying began before the 737 was airborne, and built to a climax as we reached cruise height, and this was the longest climax in the history of sound, it went on, at Krakatoan volume, without hesitation, until we began the descent eight hours later, at which point, thanks to a change in pressure on the lung's tiny earholes, the noise reached new and terrifying heights, I honestly thought the plane's windows would shatter.

We spent a full week in Vegas, terrified that the lung would be on our night flight back to Britain.

It wasn't, and this is the point of my sermon, I do not know what happened to it.

But if their really is a God, I'd like to think it was eaten by a shark.................

Yep.

Why should other people's flying experience be completely ruined by other people life choices?