Sturgeon Arrested

Just now, Axe said:

Good reason does not mean the person arrested has done any wrongdoing.   Let's wait to see if their is a criminal trial and the verdict of the jury before casting stones. 

I'm not casting stones, just pointing out that, as I said before, they don't go arresting people &c without reasonable cause - especially high profile individuals like Ms. Sturgeon.

41 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

I'm not casting stones, just pointing out that, as I said before, they don't go arresting people &c without reasonable cause - especially high profile individuals like Ms. Sturgeon.

Of course the police should have good cause to arrest any individual.  However, having good cause does not mean an arrested person is guilty of any wrong doing.  For example false allegations can lead to the police having a good cause to arrest an innocent individual.

4 minutes ago, Axe said:

Of course the police should have good cause to arrest any individual.  However, having good cause does not mean an arrested person is guilty of any wrong doing.  For example false allegations can lead to the police having a good cause to arrest an innocent individual.

AS I said above, when high-profile individuals are concerned, they are rather cautious in their decision making. The decision to issue an  arrest warrant will have been made at a high level, after careful consideration of all circumstances.

Edited by RollingJ

2 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

AS I said above, when high-profile individuals are concerned, they are rather cautious in their decision making. The decision to issue an  arrest warrant will have been made at a high level, after careful consideration of all circumstances.

I will be surprised if Nicola Sturgeon is charged with any criminal offence.

1 minute ago, Axe said:

I will be surprised if Nicola Sturgeon is charged with any criminal offence.

Why? This investigation has been ongoing for some time, and as police budgets are tight, if there was nothing to be investigated, they would have closed it.

4 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Why? This investigation has been ongoing for some time, and as police budgets are tight, if there was nothing to be investigated, they would have closed it.

Because the police are more likely to waste resources on a high profile person than a low profile person.  If Boris Johnson was a low profile person then he would not have received a fix penalty fine of £50 for eating a piece of birthday cake given to him at his place of work on his birthday during a lockdown period.