Sturgeon Arrested

1 minute ago, Axe said:

Because the police are more likely to waste resources on a high profile person than a low profile person.  If Boris Johnson was a low profile person then he would not have received a fix penalty fine of £50 for eating a piece of birthday cake given to him at his place of work on his birthday during a lockdown period.

Financial investigations are considerably more expensive than a 'lock-down' investigation, and don't carry on unless there is good reason. As this has been a long one, they must feel  it is worth the time and expense.

1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

Financial investigations are considerably more expensive than a 'lock-down' investigation, and don't carry on unless there is good reason. As this has been a long one, they must feel  it is worth the time and expense.

I would wager the Met police have spent more money investigating the Downing Street alleged breaches than the Scottish police have spent investigating the SNP  alleged financial wrongdoing.  The police forces through out the UK are as guilty as all public tax funded departments of wasting taxpayer's money.

4 minutes ago, Axe said:

I would wager the Met police have spent more money investigating the Downing Street alleged breaches than the Scottish police have spent investigating the SNP  alleged financial wrongdoing.  The police forces through out the UK are as guilty as all public tax funded departments of wasting taxpayer's money.

I give up. You clearly have no idea how the system works - especially in financial investigations. And you are proving your ignorance.

16 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

I give up. You clearly have no idea how the system works - especially in financial investigations. And you are proving your ignorance.

I am not ignorant regarding money which is why I know the Downing Street police  investigations have cost the taxpayer much more than the financial investigations regarding the SNP party. 

4 minutes ago, Axe said:

You prove I am wrong.  

The latest news is Nicola Sturgeon has been released without charge. 

You claimed the Met costs were greater than those of Police Scotland, so the onus of proof is on you.

All the individuals arrested and questioned under caution have been released without charge, but the investigation is ongoing.

Edited by RollingJ

Nicola Sturgeon calls arrest a 'shock and deeply distressing' after release without charge

Her arrest came on the back of the detentions of party treasurer Colin Beattie and former party chief executive Peter Murrell - also Ms Sturgeon's husband - who were both subsequently released without charge.

https://news.sky.com/story/nicola-sturgeon-in-custody-after-being-arrested-in-connection-with-snp-investigation-police-say-12900436

1 minute ago, Jack Grey said:

Nicola Sturgeon calls arrest a 'shock and deeply distressing' after release without charge

Her arrest came on the back of the detentions of party treasurer Colin Beattie and former party chief executive Peter Murrell - also Ms Sturgeon's husband - who were both subsequently released without charge.

https://news.sky.com/story/nicola-sturgeon-in-custody-after-being-arrested-in-connection-with-snp-investigation-police-say-12900436

She would though, wouldn't she? it's called damage limitation.

3 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

You claimed the Met costs were greater than those of Police Scotland, so the onus of proof is on you.

All the individuals arrested and questioned under caution have been released without charge, but the investigation is ongoing.

Do you believe the Scottish police have spent more than £460,000 investigating SNP  alleged financial wrongdoing?   The £460,000 figure is in the public domain unlike the cost for the Scottish police of investigating SNP financial wrongdoing. 

4 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

She would though, wouldn't she? it's called damage limitation.

It's called defending yourself after being arrested and released without charge.