Are Ukip Due For A Comeback

56 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

You should.

I’ve told you why I don’t like the xenophobic, multi millionaire, charlatan. 

Why do you like him? Is it his wealth or his xenophobia?

Multi millionaire, so what ? Xenophobic, he’s married to a German   . Charlatan your description, others may not think so.

1 hour ago, harvey19 said:

No I shouldn't"t.

I am interested in why people such as yourself do not like him.

He was the one who started the ball rolling for Brexit and,   is complicit with the government for Brexit which, up until now has been a disaster.

I accept that you think t hasn't  but  a lot of us think it has.

If we decide we don't like the bloke,  then we don't like him,  so when are you going to stop badgering away about it.  We don't mind at all if you want to like him.

Farage has always been very right wing too,  so probably more right inclined people may like him, whilst those on the left ay detest him..

Even without politics, we don't all like the same actors, singers, comedians etc.  In other words, we all have minds of our own.

Edited by Organgrinder

15 hours ago, Mister M said:

Another deluded idiot:

'It’s time for the Boris Johnson Nigel Farage dream ticket' (msn.com)

Dream ticket - well if you can describe a vomit and diarrhea as a dream ticket.

Still it takes all sorts....

Is that a parody article or what?  Because that reads like someone cobbled together some shouty red meat phrases shot out of a bingo machine and called it good. 

42 minutes ago, Hecate said:

Is that a parody article or what?  Because that reads like someone cobbled together some shouty red meat phrases shot out of a bingo machine and called it good. 

It's from someone at GBeebies. You can decide for yourself whether that counts a parody or not. :hihi:

44 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

He was the one who started the ball rolling for Brexit and,   is complicit with the government for Brexit which, up until now has been a disaster.

I accept that you think t hasn't  but  a lot of us think it has.

If we decide we don't like the bloke,  then we don't like him,  so when are you going to stop badgering away about it.  We don't mind at all if you want to like him.

Farage has always been very right wing too,  so probably more right inclined people may like him, whilst those on the left ay detest him..

Even without politics, we don't all like the same actors, singers, comedians etc.  In other words, we all have minds of our own.

It interests me because he was a man who believed in something and worked to achieve it.

When asked  questions he answers them.

I would have  thought people would have liked him for these 2 things alone.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

It interests me because he was a man who believed in something and worked to achieve it.

So what's his answer to how to make brexit work? Practical proposals that address the difficult problems like the GB/NI/RoI border issues.

All I've seen him do is stoke unrealistic ideas and then complain that someone else has failed to implement them. That's the problem with brexit. Those who spent decades campaigning for it gave no thought to how it could actually be implemented beyond some obviously ridiculous 'the EU will give us everything we want' fantasy.

45 minutes ago, altus said:

So what's his answer to how to make brexit work? Practical proposals that address the difficult problems like the GB/NI/RoI border issues.

All I've seen him do is stoke unrealistic ideas and then complain that someone else has failed to implement them. That's the problem with brexit. Those who spent decades campaigning for it gave no thought to how it could actually be implemented beyond some obviously ridiculous 'the EU will give us everything we want' fantasy.

You have answered your own query by saying someone else implemented it.

48 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

I understand what you're saying Harvey and he can be given credit for pursuing and achieving his goal.

However, he is clever at dressing up his message and his basic politics are not for me.

You could equally say that Boris Johnson is similar in his ability to sweet talk people into sharing his dream until people find out that his dream is not what they were expecting.

I know he does have his followers and it's another case of we all think differently.

He's definitely not for me at all,  but very right wing Tories or Fascists, probably love him

2 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

You have answered your own query by saying someone else implemented it.

Altus has also pointed out that talking up Brexit is quite different from sorting out all the minor details and implementing it properly so it works for everyone.

It is still a mess and looks like staying a mess very long term because no one has any idea how to make it work.

10 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

I understand what you're saying Harvey and he can be given credit for pursuing and achieving his goal.

However, he is clever at dressing up his message and his basic politics are not for me.

You could equally say that Boris Johnson is similar in his ability to sweet talk people into sharing his dream until people find out that his dream is not what they were expecting.

I know he does have his followers and it's another case of we all think differently.

He's definitely not for me at all,  but very right wing Tories or Fascists, probably love him

Altus has also pointed out that talking up Brexit is quite different from sorting out all the minor details and implementing it properly so it works for everyone.

It is still a mess and looks like staying a mess very long term because no one has any idea how to make it work.

I fully agree that parts of the implementation are a disgrace.

3 hours ago, Prettytom said:

Multi-millionaire Nigel Farage is doing the thing that many wealthy  charlatans do. He’s pitting one group of poor people against other groups of poor people. He sews division and cleans up in the progress.

Don’t be taken in by wealthy conmen.

that is some chip.

aldi do cheap tomatoes if things are a bit tight.