Woman Self Aborts Baby At 33 Weeks

Mother jailed for taking abortion pills after legal limit

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-65882169

At 28 weeks 80 to 90% of babies survive.

98% born at 33 weeks survive.

Meanwhile, the hypocritical authoritarian Left (usually more than happy to restrict our lives and ban stuff "to keep us safe") say :

Labour MP Stella Creasy called for "urgent reform".

"The average prison sentence for a violent offence in England is 18 months," she said in a tweet. [implying she should not have been sent to prison, or possibly even punished]

Yeah that's for violence, not murder, Stella dear.  The average sentence for that is 15 years and upwards.

TBH as much of this is down to the appalling "pills by post" scheme, introduced in lockdown, allows pregnancies up to 10 weeks to be terminated at home.

10 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Mother jailed for taking abortion pills after legal limit

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-65882169

At 28 weeks 80 to 90% of babies survive.

98% born at 33 weeks survive.

Meanwhile, the hypocritical authoritarian Left (usually more than happy to restrict our lives and ban stuff "to keep us safe") say :

Labour MP Stella Creasy called for "urgent reform".

"The average prison sentence for a violent offence in England is 18 months," she said in a tweet. [implying she should not have been sent to prison, or possibly even punished]

Yeah that's for violence, not murder, Stella dear.  The average sentence for that is 15 years and upwards.

TBH as much of this is down to the appalling "pills by post" scheme, introduced in lockdown, allows pregnancies up to 10 weeks to be terminated at home.

The lady broke the law and has received an appropriate prison sentence in my opinion.  There is an argument the sentence was too lenient. 

• Like 1

I cannot understand why some women want to do this,  you either want children or you don't - there have been women who have killed their babies,  I can't imagine going nine months childbearing and then doing that,  yuck.

In anger I would think,  stick a blumin cork up there.

4 minutes ago, cressida said:

I cannot understand why some women want to do this,  you either want children or you don't

Thats a bit of an archaic attitude. What about if a woman was raped and impregnated? What if a woman was in an abusive relationship and became pregnant and then wanted out?

Dont think that is what happened here though, just a general question.

3 minutes ago, Hanzo said:

It's her body let her do what she wants. Maybe people should worry about their own bodies instead of those whom they do not control.

I'm not interested in other women's bodies,  only my own,  of course she can do what she likes with her own body.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hanzo said:

It's her body let her do what she wants. Maybe people should worry about their own bodies instead of those whom they do not control.

There was an innocent unborn baby inside her. There are good reasons why abortions are unlawful after a certain number of weeks of a pregnancy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hanzo said:

It's her body, she can bring it into this world or deny the entry. It's her right, no one else's.

If she has 100% of the decision making rights - does that mean the dad should not be forced to provide for the child if he so wishes?

If he doesn't get a say in if the child is killed, why should he bear any responsibility if she decides to keep it?

• Like 1