Woman Declared Dead Knocks On Her Coffin At Her Funeral.

https://news.sky.com/story/woman-who-was-declared-dead-knocks-on-her-coffin-at-her-funeral-12901426?dicbo=v2-5HEYWmj

Funerals are more often than not a sad and sombre affair where grieving people say goodbye to a much-loved friend or relative who has died.

However, a wake in Ecuador took an unexpected turn when a woman who had been declared dead started knocking on her coffin to reveal she was still very much alive.

The bizarre incident in the central city of Babahoyo has prompted a government investigation into the hospital where Bella Montoya was treated.

Mrs Montoya, a 76-year-old former nurse, was lifted out of her coffin and rushed back to hospital after the unfinished funeral on Friday.

Her relieved but shocked son Gilberto Barbera said: "It gave us all a fright."

He added: "There were about 20 of us there.... After about five hours of the wake, the coffin started to make sounds.

"My mum was wrapped in sheets and hitting the coffin, and when we approached we could see that she was breathing heavily."

I've often wondered about the risks of that happening,  I've heard of people being buried with mobiles.

Edited by cressida

I've read of a couple of cases similar.

Where a patient was declared dead in hospital, they are taken to the morgue, and have been found to be alive.

Imagine if this had happened to Cilla Black. She could have leapt out of her coffin singing "Surprise, Surprise" 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, MyFriendStan said:

I Wonder How Many Have Been Buried When they not Dead.

According to Rodney Davies, author of The Lazarus Syndrome: Burial Alive and Other Horrors of the Undead (1998), the percentage of premature burials has been variously estimated as somewhere between 1 per 1,000 to as many as 1 or 2 percent of all total burials in the United States and Europe.