Just Stop Oil

6 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Fair enough - have no interest in tennis, so wasn't aware, and can see your point. Probably a better idea to take them outside and spray them with something rather smelly. 😀

Cat waz . At least it’s environment friendly.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Fair enough - have no interest in tennis, so wasn't aware, and can see your point. Probably a better idea to take them outside and spray them with something rather smelly. 😀

Just hose them down as they leave

• Like 1

I'm glad the police have finally been given some additional powers, albeit we are yet to see exactly what they're going to do with them against these morons.

JSO disrupting Wimbledon was almost inevitable given several thespians and luvvies have been publicly whinging about Barclays sponsoring the event.

Shock horror, a major international banking corporation just happens to include some investments and financing of fossil fuel companies in their billions of pounds of assets 🙄

Strange that not so long ago, some of their fellow thespians were more than happy to take lots of wonga from Barclays to do cheesy TV and Cinema adverts for them....  

I wonder if Emma Thompson and Co will be as gobby next time they bump into to Sir Tony or Samuel at some showbiz party. 

Edited by ECCOnoob
  • Like 1

As I wrote a couple of weeks ago in this thread, one of Just Stop Oli's biggest financial backers in the UK is Dale Vince, millionaire businessman & owner of Div 2, Forest Green Rovers.  I'll believe the likes of Mr Vince's commitment to the cause when I see protesters disrupting one of their league games & people outside blocking the surrounding roads to their ground, stopping supporters from getting to the game. 

As for the likes of Emma Thompson.  This is a woman who around 5 or 6 years ago, flew in to Heathrow from the US one morning, having having travelled all over the US promoting a film, to the go & join an Extinction Rebellion demonstration in central London, disrupting the lives of ordinary Londoners & tourists to the capital. 

Like many celebrities, she's a hypocrite. 

• Like 1

On 01/07/2023 at 09:57, despritdan said:

I can understand the concern of these young protestors because their future is grim but their tactics are all wrong. To get anywhere, they need to win the hearts and minds of the public and gain their support and they won't do that by aggravating people and disrupting their lives. They would be well advised to have stalls in parks and high streets where they can make their case by handing out out leaflets and talking to people about their concerns. Maybe they'll just have to accept the uncomfortable truth that the human race is the most lethal virus on the planet and we have been waging war on the natural world, which is one of the life support systems of this planet, as soon as we evolved and learned how to cut down trees and burn them, it's just that we've become more efficient in our destruction as time has gone by.

We're already seeing water shortages on the south east and this will spread, thanks to the combination of climate change and over population thanks to decades of mass immigration which I think have been disastrous. The more people that come in, the more the demand for water increases and the nearer the time comes when our reservoirs run out. If they want to protest about something, they should be out demanding that no more people are allowed into this country.

Your seeing water shortages because the water companies would rather shower their shareholders with wads of cash than invest it into the infrastructure, no new reservoirs have been constructed in 30 years despite a massive increase in population numbers (in that you are correct), it's got nothing to do with climate change.

I was surprised at the age and look of respectability of the 'Just Stop Oil' vandals at Wimbledon.  Looked like they'd just stepped out of their suburban Home Counties gardens for the afternoon.

About as far removed from the usual suspects, 'student lefties,' as you can get. 

I was quite impressed.

1 hour ago, top4718 said:

Your seeing water shortages because the water companies would rather shower their shareholders with wads of cash than invest it into the infrastructure, no new reservoirs have been constructed in 30 years despite a massive increase in population numbers (in that you are correct), it's got nothing to do with climate change.

I would agree with your first sentence and have made very similar comments myself. We desperately need new dams and not only because of rising population but our modern 2 showers a day lifestyles.

However,  You cannot possible say that it's got nothing to do with climate change,  just on the strength of you being a climate change denier.

Just now, Organgrinder said:

Snipped 

You cannot possible say that it's got nothing to do with climate change,  just on the strength of you being a climate change denier.

🤣 You really are the gift that keeps on giving 🤣

• Like 1