Just Stop Oil

16 minutes ago, Pyrotequila said:

I'm guessing the same logic of vegans vandalising normal restaurants? 

Although normal people attacking vegan restaurants doesn't happen because normal people don't try and force their views into the entire planet. 

I must have missed those stories. The vegans I know are quite normal people and don't go around vandalising restaurants or forcing their views on other people, They're quite placid in fact.

20 minutes ago, horribleblob said:

I must have missed those stories. The vegans I know are quite normal people and don't go around vandalising restaurants or forcing their views on other people, They're quite placid in fact.

Yes , they need more red meat in their diet 

The world depends on oil. 

There have been wars fought over this valuable, indispensable commodity. 

It will take time to wean ourselves off it, and find alternatives. But it is happening. 

Worldwiide Universities and Labs and entrepreneurs are onto it.

Yes I know time is short and crucial, but do the 'Just Stop Oil' people think they are the only ones to know it?

Are they living without any oil derivative products themselves, or are they as guilty as the next man?

By all means raise awareness, but surely that doesn't have to include gluing yourself to roads etc. (I do hope the glue isn't oil based...) I really don't see that these extreme tactics do anything but turn people against what is trying to be achieved, and that's not helpful. 

Edited by Anna B

4 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

When the law isn't working then surely people have the right to take it into their own hands if their rights are being stepped on by others

I'm surprised that no one has thrown oil all over them 

Or people haven't thrown pigs blood all over a vegan restaurant 

Are you ok with an assault like that?

For clarity.

Edited by Prettytom

1 hour ago, horribleblob said:

As with all things, the vocal minority ruin it all for the silent majority.

I'm friends with vegan people, and they're perfectly nice, we have discussions about the choices, but it's all very civil and accepting.

The ones that ruin it are the ones that stand in the middle of city centres screaming at people, or the ones that go into supermarkets and destroy the dairy section.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Yes , they need more red meat in their diet 

3 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

They never know the joy getting a lovely bit of quality meat and then wrapping it in bacon 

I would hazard a guess that red meat (with or without a bacon wrap) figures in the diet of the violent thug in the youtube video at post #162 .

ETA: I'm not saying consumption of red meat necessarily leads to violent behaviour – my social circle includes some placid omnivores too.

Edited by horribleblob
Clarification

2 hours ago, Anna B said:

By all means raise awareness, but surely that doesn't have to include gluing yourself to roads etc. (I do hope the glue isn't oil based...) I really don't see that these extreme tactics do anything but turn people against what is trying to be achieved, and that's not helpful. 

I agree with you.
The majority of the British people are sick of selfish protesters and there stupid stunts.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

Fair enough,  it's just that I've noticed a few times,  when something should be done,  but it should be done by others.

i would be quite happy if they were blocking the road with the slow walk to warn them 3 times then drive through very very slowly. 

or if they were sat on the road then superglue the buggers together and disrupt the rest of their day

Perfectly happy to do and not ask others to do it for me.