Just Stop Oil

7 hours ago, Gormenghast said:

576px-Adolf_Hitler_-_Schloss_Neuschwanst

This is one of his apparently, signed in bottom left corner. Doesn't excuse all the evil he did in the 30s and 40s though does it. What a horrible period of history that was.

Ey that's not half bad. 

Yeah, I'm glad I wasn't around when he was in charge. Having said that I don't think it's a stretch to say we might be living through another horrible period of history in the not too distant future.

Edited by The_DADDY

21 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Ey that's not half bad. 

Yeah, I'm glad I wasn't around when he was in charge. Having said that I don't think it's a stretch to say we might be living through another horrible period of history in the not too distant future.

I really hope not Daddy, whether it's the economy or the climate that makes it horrible,  and I'm  not sure any colour of government is up to the job of sorting either one out.

Just Stop Oil won't even scratch the surface either. (See what I did there? Got the thread back on track)

40 minutes ago, Gormenghast said:

I really hope not Daddy, whether it's the economy or the climate that makes it horrible,  and I'm  not sure any colour of government is up to the job of sorting either one out.

Just Stop Oil won't even scratch the surface either. (See what I did there? Got the thread back on track)

Yes, I noticed. Expertly done 👌

My bold

It seems governments only appear to make things worse. They are damn good at that. 

• Thanks 1

There's a proposal on the table to drill for oil just off The Falklands & apparently there's nothing the UK Govt can do to stop it.  It's a massive oil field. 

I wonder how JSO idiots will react.  It's a hellava way to cycle to.  And I wonder if we'll be hearing from the Argentinians? 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2024/09/28/falklands-diplomatic-row-britain-plans-drill-oil-field/