Just Stop Oil

12 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Apart from an obvious bit of terrible editing - note the repeat of a complete paragraph, that was an obvious bow to the terrorists that they are, by the Granuaid.

They love the 69 year old grandmother don't they....as if it's going to make any difference to the 99% of folk who will  just laugh at them anyway!!

🤡🤡🤡

18 minutes ago, Axe said:

I remember in the 1970's when the test match at Headingley was stopped because protesters about some criminal destroyed the pitch over night by pouring oil on it.

I went to that game. It was heading for a decent finish.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/australia-tour-of-england-1975-61351/england-vs-australia-3rd-test-63148/full-scorecard

Rick McCosker had batted brilliantly on day 4.

Edited by Prettytom
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, top4718 said:

I saw a video today where some lads on a stag do hijacked a JSO demo, got hold of their banners and started a chorus of "we love you oil, we do" brilliant, we need more of these kind of thing.

Bet Popeye wasn't to pleased.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, top4718 said:

I saw a video today where some lads on a stag do hijacked a JSO demo, got hold of their banners and started a chorus of "we love you oil, we do" brilliant, we need more of these kind of thing.

Why do we need more of that sort of thing?

11 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Why not?

I'll answer him - because it ridicules these deliberately planted idiots and lowers the impact of their fake protests, the fact that your defending them shows you've been had by our rulers yet again, wake up please.

Edited by top4718

8 minutes ago, top4718 said:

I'll answer him - because it ridicules these deliberately planted idiots and lowers the impact of their fake protests, the fact that your defending them shows you've been had by our rulers yet again, wake up please.

But reducing our reliance on oil is a good thing, surely. The science points that way, as does the economics.

JSO are a weird bunch, admittedly, but the heart of their message is sound. So, I see no need to ridicule them. It would be better to

engage with them.