Just Stop Oil

7 hours ago, top4718 said:

It's a shame I need to explain but here goes, the Gov is hellbent on making protests illegal (as they probably know what;s coming) JSO are being deliberately annoying and upsetting the majority so that when a ban on protests is introduced a good proportion of people will welcome it to stop irritants like these, so blatantly obvious if you step back and stop believing what your being led by your media friends.

So, you think that JSO are some sort of government orchestrated false flag operation, designed to de-legitimise protest.

Congratulations on finding your new rabbit hole. That covid one was getting worn out.

I have an alternative theory. Maybe, JSO are a bunch of bored posh kids who think that they have a cause and  who certainly have a lot of orange paint. 

Annoying, yes. Arm of the state, I doubt it.

Thanks for the chuckle though.

I can understand the concern of these young protestors because their future is grim but their tactics are all wrong. To get anywhere, they need to win the hearts and minds of the public and gain their support and they won't do that by aggravating people and disrupting their lives. They would be well advised to have stalls in parks and high streets where they can make their case by handing out out leaflets and talking to people about their concerns. Maybe they'll just have to accept the uncomfortable truth that the human race is the most lethal virus on the planet and we have been waging war on the natural world, which is one of the life support systems of this planet, as soon as we evolved and learned how to cut down trees and burn them, it's just that we've become more efficient in our destruction as time has gone by.

We're already seeing water shortages on the south east and this will spread, thanks to the combination of climate change and over population thanks to decades of mass immigration which I think have been disastrous. The more people that come in, the more the demand for water increases and the nearer the time comes when our reservoirs run out. If they want to protest about something, they should be out demanding that no more people are allowed into this country.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, despritdan said:

I can understand the concern of these young protestors because their future is grim but their tactics are all wrong. To get anywhere, they need to win the hearts and minds of the public and gain their support and they won't do that by aggravating people and disrupting their lives. They would be well advised to have stalls in parks and high streets where they can make their case by handing out out leaflets and talking to people about their concerns. Maybe they'll just have to accept the uncomfortable truth that the human race is the most lethal virus on the planet and we have been waging war on the natural world, which is one of the life support systems of this planet, as soon as we evolved and learned how to cut down trees and burn them, it's just that we've become more efficient in our destruction as time has gone by.

We're already seeing water shortages on the south east and this will spread, thanks to the combination of climate change and over population thanks to decades of mass immigration which I think have been disastrous. The more people that come in, the more the demand for water increases and the nearer the time comes when our reservoirs run out. If they want to protest about something, they should be out demanding that no more people are allowed into this country.

Another extremely sensible post with which I fully agree but, unfortunately, speaking to deaf ears in the main.

Most would sooner forget the planet and carry on enjoying themselves.

That's a bigger carry on farce than Pinewood studios used to make with Sid James,  Barbara Windsor and gang.

Who would kill the very planet they are stood on ?   You've got to be more than a little nuts to do that, especially if you have kids and grandkids too.

4 hours ago, Hecate said:

No!  It's Big Oil, not the government, that's behind the 'protest' shenanigans.  They employ actors and RADA students to cosplay as annoying blue-haired posho twerps that annoy everyone else so much that they vow to use as much oil as possible in future thus generating $$$$$ for the suits. 

The government was behind the anti-vax protests.  Getting Piers Corbyn, Lozza Fox, Right Said Fred and that woman from T'Pau out there spouting absurdities was a genius move to get people to the vaccination centres.  And everyone was so full of endorphins from all that laughing that the injections didn't hurt at all.  Double win!

Reverse psychology 101.

So to summarise,  he’s talking cobblers.

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

They have decided to disrupt Wimbledon today. Twice. On the same court. This was the second one...

3TTkyZr.jpg

So wheres the ever popular orange powder?  Just confetti, favouritism.  Can tell which sport the leaders follow 

Just now, alchemist said:

So wheres the ever popular orange powder?  Just confetti, favouritism.  Can tell which sport the leaders follow 

The first one seemed to be a load of orange jigsaw pieces. Maybe the powder is being saved for attempt number three.