What Is One Profession That You Have Absolutely Zero Respect For?

On 14/06/2023 at 04:45, ECCOnoob said:

Everyone always seems to hate lawyers except that inevitable day when they suddenly need one themselves

And there's a big part of the problem.

We all "inevitably" need a lawyer, these days.

Never used to!

1 hour ago, cuttsie said:

Perhaps these property speculators have a lot to answer for when it comes to folk who cannot dream of owning a home or even getting a council house , as to private land lords they do not care just how much the rental market goes through the roof they just laugh all the way to the bank or sell up when the property prices go up and up and up .

Well I’ve managed to ‘speculate’ the wife and I into the ‘wreck’ that we call our home. Our son and his wife wouldn’t have speculated themselves into their current home, fortunately my wallet did, after all it’s only money. 😉

• Like 1

Hedge Fund Managers - basically a win win job. They play with other peoples money. If the investment makes a profit the investor gets a profit, the HFM takes a fee and a cut of the profit. The investment makes a loss - the investor loses their money and the HFM takes a fee.

10 hours ago, Allen said:

Forum owners that fill their webspace with annoying adverts despite complaints from users.

Not sure it qualifies as a profession though…..

Bills have gotta be paid.

Unless you are in government, there's no such thing as a "free lunch".

(Who qualify as my next "zero respect" lot!)

Edited by trastrick

On 14/06/2023 at 10:31, Jack Grey said:

So called Human Rights Lawyers

Im sick of them taking tax payers money to keep rapists and murderers in the UK

I agree with you on that one.

I remember the extremist radical Islamic preachers using the human rights when the UK government was trying to deport them.  They took some shifting from this country because there family lived here. The courts of human rights said they can’t be deported because they have a right to family life even tho they were preaching hatred on the streets of London.