Is Society In Decline?

37 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

You got done dry last night till you went crying to the moderator to get the posts removed. Give up boy .

You're confused. To anyone watching it was your good self who was put firmly in his place but I'm not one to argue. 

If the victory is so important then please, have it.

With my blessings. 

My best wishes to you and your fragile masculinity 🙏

12 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

Just shows that different people have different experiences people sometimes remember something because of a happening like The_DADDY.

I enjoyed my formative years and none of it seemed a hardship at the time.  We knew nobody who lived much differently so we all accepted our lot.

As I've said before, I'd go back in an instant and re-enjoy that warmth of a caring community again.   A few hardships are nowt.

I agree fully,  I would certainly go back in an instance. :thumbsup:

12 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

As I've said before, I'd go back in an instant and re-enjoy that warmth of a caring community again.   

Life is a mirror.

You get back, what you put in!  :)

I'm lucky. I found it again!

Edited by trastrick

11 hours ago, Anna B said:

Working in the steelworks or factory back in the 70's was a bit like belonging to a family. You worked hard but you also felt valued and looked after.

There'd be a subsidised canteen serving delicious 2 course meals for lunch and chip butties and tea for breaktime. A Christmas dinner dance with free booze and a gift (large Turkey or joint of beef, or a Christmas bonus.

There'd be charabanc trips to the seaside in the summer, with plenty of beer on board and treats for the kids plus spending money. And if you were any good you might play for the company football team, or table tennis club, and there was always the darts team, bowls or the games night. 

The chargehand would have worked his way up from the factory floor so was respected for knowing what's what, and the older hands  would be wise role models teaching the job (and a few wrinkles) to the  youngens, keeping an eye on them to make sure they kept in line, learned respect and didn't go astray. There was a career structure that meant you might be trained at the companies expense at night school or day release if you showed promise and the right attitude, so it was possible to climb all the way to the top.

If you were struggling that would be noticed too, and help offered or you could always ask for it. Some places had their own on site nurse available for accidents or medical problems. And the old TB wagon would visit once a year to get you checked out and make sure you weren't smoking too many woodbines.

Yes today's work places are safer, but mental health is down the pan, and IMO workers don't feel safe or valued. Plenty of people would like to go back to those simpler days

You described my life in the 50's so well there, Anna

That's exactly how it was!

22 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Life is a mirror.

You get back, what you put in!  :)

I'm lucky. I found it again!

Hmmm... :huh:

For a lot of people who still post on here, I'd say it's more like a fridge on the blink...

... it's never too long before things turn sour! :hihi:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

For a lot of people who still post on here, I'd say it's more like a fridge on the blink...

... it's never too long before things turn sour! :hihi:

There's a lot of angry, profane malcontents in life.

Can't stand to see anybody happy, if they are not!

We can rise above it!  :)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

You're confused. To anyone watching it was your good self who was put firmly in his place but I'm not one to argue. 

If the victory is so important then please, have it.

With my blessings. 

My best wishes to you and your fragile masculinity 🙏

Edited by hackey lad