Is Society In Decline?

26 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

My favourites are the warning on packs of cashew (and other nuts) saying in very small print "may contain nuts" - as far as washing machine pods are concerned I can't eat them as the cartons have child-proof  Thirsty-Proof locks, so I can't get in!

Actually you just reminded me of the deli pick and mix counter at morrisons.

The tray that holds the eggs has a warning that says 'may contain eggs'. 

Crazy...

Correction. It says 'Contains egg'....

Edited by The_DADDY

5 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Actually you just reminded me of the deli pick and mix counter at morrisons.

The tray that holds the eggs has a warning that says 'may contain eggs'. 

Crazy...

There was the tragic case not too long ago where a young lady died from a sandwich from Pret A Manger because the allergen info wasn't correct 

No major supermarket is going to take the chance so that is why you see seemingly stupid warnings on packaging.  It may even be the law, not sure. 

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

No major supermarket is going to take the chance so that is why you see seemingly stupid warnings on packaging.  It may even be the law, not sure. 

I believe there’s 14 allergens that have to be listed by law.

Edited by nikki-red

20 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

There was the tragic case not too long ago where a young lady died from a sandwich from Pret A Manger because the allergen info wasn't correct 

Yeah I remember that. Poor lass was only just in her 20s if I recall correctly. 

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

Usually I'd just agree, accept it and move on but have we really sunk to a point where such warnings are needed on things?

We live in a time where grown children are attempting to sue their parents for bringing them into the world without their consent!!! 🤦🤦🤦

• Haha 1