Sadiq Khan's Staff Are Ordered Not To Use Gender-Specific Phrases.

I love when Khan and his buddies like David Lammy always tweet a new blame for why knife crime in London is so bad, the older ones always come back to bite them in the backside.  

The other month he was citing it was poor policing to blame and nothing to do with parents.  Seems he forgot this:

David Lammy MP says absent fathers 'key cause of knife crime'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-19815831

1 hour ago, Prettytom said:

The reports that I’ve seen say that it is a request, not an instruction.

I can’t see the harm in it. Saying “good morning everyone “ isn’t exactly taxing to do.

I don’t think that anyone should be criticised  for saying “good morning ladies and gents” though.

It really isn’t a big deal.

You failed to mention Londonistan in that rant, Jackylad.

I’m reporting you to your Britain First handler. Your performance is sub-optimal.

Same thing.

If I requested you to keep the noise down it means I want you to keep the noise down.

A request is a polite way of saying do it.

Don't be so contrary.

1 minute ago, Al Bundy said:

Same thing.

If I requested you to keep the noise down it means I want you to keep the noise down.

A request is a polite way of saying do it.

Don't be so contrary.

When I was at school, they sent a letter out asking for a voluntary contribution towards a school trip - when my mum said she couldn't afford it for me, I got told I couldn't go on  the trip unless she made the 'voluntary' contribution i.e. it's mandatory, but we were trying to be nice...

The people claiming that things like this are a non-story and that it 'doesn't affect anyone else' are in for a shock when it eventually becomes law. I now have to 'accept' that a trans man is the same as a biological man as, when I was filling in a survey for work, when it came to the gender part the option for me was 'Man (including trans man)' - so I chose not to say, instead.

As always - 'identify' how you want, but facts are facts and I hate the idea of having to deny reality for someone else's delusions.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, melthebell said:

thought it was the forum rule, dont just copy and paste stuff, put YOUR opinion about the subject or at the very least put it in your own words

I've addressed this before but I'm happy to address it again.

Some topics I have a strong opinion on.

I'll start a thread and give my opinion in the op.

Some topics I don't have much of an opinion either way on but I think it will make a decent conversion so I'll not bother giving my opinion. I post the op and just let people get on with it. 👍

1 hour ago, spilldig said:

Should be.  In my opinion anyone who posts an emotive thread without giving their own opinion is just  trolling. 

Report the thread then 🙄