Sadiq Khan's Staff Are Ordered Not To Use Gender-Specific Phrases.

I'm sick and tired of all this 'politically correct jargon' and we mustn't address anyone by their perceived gender or identity ! 

As long as there is no abuse and politeness,  common courtesy and kindness are still part of our traditional values, I'm sure I'll be forgiven for not entering  the 'pronoun and title quiz' ... It's my age really!

18 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

I've addressed this before but I'm happy to address it again.

Some topics I have a strong opinion on.

I'll start a thread and give my opinion in the op.

Some topics I don't have much of an opinion either way on but I think it will make a decent conversion so I'll not bother giving my opinion. I post the op and just let people get on with it. 👍

Report the thread then 🙄

As I said, " in my opinion", moderator may have a different opinion.

39 minutes ago, spilldig said:

As I said, " in my opinion", moderator may have a different opinion.

Personally, i couldn't care less if someone just posts a link to a story without comment - it's good that someone is highlighting a story that MSM may not have bothered to cover.

Fair enough if it is against SF rules, but i'm certainly not going to report someone for it. I don't think i've ever reported any posts on here.

Edited by leviathan13
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Tipstaff said:

I'm sick and tired of all this 'politically correct jargon' and we mustn't address anyone by their perceived gender or identity ! 

As long as there is no abuse and politeness,  common courtesy and kindness are still part of our traditional values, I'm sure I'll be forgiven for not entering  the 'pronoun and title quiz' ... It's my age really!

There's so much of it nowadays,  I bet a lot of seniors forget about it or ignore it - would they get fined?   Ridiculous,  I'd like to know what other countries do about it if anyone knows.

Guest ThaBoom
12 hours ago, Tipstaff said:

Absolutely 💯 

It's ridiculous and I personally wouldn't even use anything other than what is NORMAL.

Some idiots on this list probably think they're on a different planet.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/abhaahad/36-celebrities-who-use-gender-neutral-pronouns

54 minutes ago, ThaBoom said:

Absolutely 💯 

It's ridiculous and I personally wouldn't even use anything other than what is NORMAL.

Some idiots on this list probably think they're on a different planet.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/abhaahad/36-celebrities-who-use-gender-neutral-pronouns

Demi Lovato has revealed why they decided to re-adopt she/her pronouns in addition to they/them pronouns.

In 2021, the American musician, who is best known for her hit “Cool For The Summer”, announced they are non-binary and would be using they/them pronouns. Last year, they decided to also use she/her pronouns to avoid having to constantly explain herself.

“I constantly had to EDUCATE people and explain why I identified with those pronouns. It was absolutely exhausting,” said Lovato, 30, in a new interview with GQ Hype Spain, translated from Spanish to English.

“I just got tired. But for that very reason I know that it is important to continue spreading the word.”

The “Solo” singer said that they wish there were more gender-neutral spaces for people like them.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/demi-lovato-pronouns-they-them-b2358712.html

Edited by Jack Grey

Dating may become awkward due to so many genders,  Speed dating won't be speedy after asking are you this,  that or the other,  mainly the other.  You could be out of the place after a few minutes.

Guest ThaBoom
2 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

Demi Lovato has revealed why they decided to re-adopt she/her pronouns in addition to they/them pronouns.

In 2021, the American musician, who is best known for her hit “Cool For The Summer”, announced they are non-binary and would be using they/them pronouns. Last year, they decided to also use she/her pronouns to avoid having to constantly explain herself.

“I constantly had to EDUCATE people and explain why I identified with those pronouns. It was absolutely exhausting,” said Lovato, 30, in a new interview with GQ Hype Spain, translated from Spanish to English.

“I just got tired. But for that very reason I know that it is important to continue spreading the word.”

The “Solo” singer said that they wish there were more gender-neutral spaces for people like them.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/demi-lovato-pronouns-they-them-b2358712.html

Means nothing- plain stupidity far as I'm concerned. 

12 hours ago, cressida said:

There's so much of it nowadays,  I bet a lot of seniors forget about it or ignore it - would they get fined?   Ridiculous,  I'd like to know what other countries do about it if anyone knows.

I don't think it is an offence to forget, or even ignore it.  It would be a draconian measure to fine people for non-compliance to these sorts of things.  Much like addressing a Bishop or member of Royalty incorrectly, not an offence per se.