Colin Pitchfork: Double Child Killer And Rapist To Be Released

44 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

Just another example of our weak liberal justice system

If it was the USA he would never be free ever again and would be given the death penalty in some states

Yeah, and  look how well that deterrent is working in reducing murders and other serious crimes in the States.

Edited by ECCOnoob
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Yeah, and  look how well that deterrent is working in reducing murders and other serious crimes in the States.

If you're talking about the death penalty I agree, I don't believe it's a deterrent at all. And it's barbaric

However I'm all for America's huge sentences as it essentially removes the criminal from the public space. They can commit further crimes in prison but the general public are safe from that criminal forever. 

He should definitely not be released…but doubt a conversation on this or other forums will make a difference.

Just a thought…..would it be possible to set up a petition to prevent his release.

12 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

Of course it  works.  That criminal will never murder anyone again unless he does it in prison and the general public can enjoy his loss.

Edited by Organgrinder

Thankfully, we don't have the death penalty anymore.  Surely, the debate should be about life sentencing.  Life should mean whole life (without parole) otherwise why a 'life sentence'? Our Criminal Justice System is a joke in this regard and should be looked at properly again.

I also think Pitchfork should stay in prison until his natural death.