Ireland Proposes Culling 200,000 Cows To Help Meet Climate Goals,

4 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

Strange none of these climate scientists or activists are talking about global population controls

It seems that the world's population is exploding, especially in the poorer countries so we all have to start cutting back on our lifestyles and resources in the west to accommodate growth that we have no control over

Everything we do in this country is immediately cancelled out by India, China, Africa and South America 

China's fertility rate is the same as the UK's , India's is only marginally higher.  Several South and Central American countries have fertility rates lower than that required to maintain the population numbers (i.e. long term population is declining) - India's fertility rate is 2.1, meaning no growth and no decline.

African countries generally have the highest fertility rates but there is a correlation between the countries with the highest fertility rates and those with the lowest life expectancies (and presumably highest infant mortality). And their use of resources per capita is way, way lower than ours.

Annie Bynnol is right - the main issue is use of resources.

Edited by Delbow
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

Are you too dumb to see that my answer was also to the main headline of the topic in question ?

That is the reason I avoid talking to you because you never come to talk about the topic,   but just to take the P out of other posters who have discussed the subject, whether they are right or wrong.

I don't know why you want to be a member of a discussion forum if you don't have the sense to join in he debate.   Grow up or get back to the school playground.

That's just an excuse to do nothing.

Very well said  -  I could not have expressed it better.

Nah then Mr Angry , you quoted Rogets , then replied to him ,the poster on the wind up . If you are too dim to realise he was winding you up , then more fool you . Please feel free to keep avoiding talking to me .  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Nah then Mr Angry , you quoted Rogets , then replied to him ,the poster on the wind up . If you are too dim to realise he was winding you up , then more fool you . Please feel free to keep avoiding talking to me .  

I quote whoever I like and then say my piece like everyone else on here except you,   who has nothing to say about the subject, but has simply come on here because it's playtime.

Fortunately,  I've got some way to go before I become as dim as you.

50 minutes ago, Delbow said:

China's fertility rate is the same as the UK's , India's is only marginally higher.  Several South and Central American countries have fertility rates lower than that required to maintain the population numbers (i.e. long term population is declining) - India's fertility rate is 2.1, meaning no growth and no decline.

African countries generally have the highest fertility rates but there is a correlation between the countries with the highest fertility rates and those with the lowest life expectancies (and presumably highest infant mortality). And their use of resources per capita is way, way lower than ours.

Annie Bynnol is right - the main issue is use of resources.

Absolutely correct.

Makes me wonder why it's always the extreme right wingers that always insist that all the scientists are wrong and that we shouldn't change anything.

If we used our resources much more fairly and wisely, then the need for really drastic change would be less.

There are always some who want to keep the status quo so that they can have their share plus the poor person's share too.

18 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Absolutely correct.

Makes me wonder why it's always the extreme right wingers that always insist that all the scientists are wrong and that we shouldn't change anything.

If we used our resources much more fairly and wisely, then the need for really drastic change would be less.

There are always some who want to keep the status quo so that they can have their share plus the poor person's share too.

Absolutely. And then complain when people with nowt try to travel to where all the money went.

44 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

I quote whoever I like and then say my piece like everyone else on here except you,   who has nothing to say about the subject, but has simply come on here because it's playtime.

Fortunately,  I've got some way to go before I become as dim as you.

Why are you talking to me  ?

2 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

Absolutely correct.

Extreme right wingers 🤣

On 18/06/2023 at 11:40, Jack Grey said:

Are you sure?

I had three bean tacos last week and I was like a brass band for the rest of the day

The Tijuana Brass was it?

Mexican food is more notorious for cases of the "bottom burps" than even baked beans, mushy peas or sprouts - or beer.

On 18/06/2023 at 14:59, Jack Grey said:

Extreme right wingers 🤣

Exactly     -     who consider this far right Tory government to have moved to the left and left them alone  - 

out on the right,  nearer to the right wingers of Europe in the 1930's.

Is that easier for your poor head ?     or   perhaps you don't know about the extreme right wingers of Europe in the 1930's

Edited by Organgrinder

Just now, Organgrinder said:

Exactly     -     who consider this far right Tory government to have moved to the left and left them alone,  out on the right,  nearer to the right wingers of Europe in the 1930's.

how many words do we have to swap to make it make sense