Amazon Shuts Down Customer's Smart Home Devices After False Racism Claim

Amazon shut off a man’s smart home devices for a week after a delivery driver falsely accused the customer of hurling a racial slur via a doorbell intercom, the tech giant confirmed Thursday.

Β 

Brandon Jackson, who is black, said he found himself digitally exiled by the company on May 25 β€” less than 24 hours after an Amazon delivery driver dropped off a package at his home and reported him for being racist.

Β 

https://nypost.com/2023/06/15/amazon-shuts-down-customers-smart-home-devices-over-false-racist-claim/

Β 

A minor inconvenience or the shape of things to come?

Β 

Your thoughts?

7 minutes ago, HumbleNarrator said:

Incidents like this are early signs of a social credit score system coming down the line, which will be so gradual we'll barely notice.

Β 

Β 

(Cue hehasrisen wit a laughy emoji.)

My bold.

Yup, this is where many people, myself included see things headed.

People can disagree however time will tell who is correct. For the record I hope I'm not.

1 hour ago, HumbleNarrator said:

Incidents like this are early signs of a social credit score system coming down the line, which will be so gradual we'll barely notice.

Β 

(Cue hehasrisen wit a laughy emoji.)

Don't they have something similar in China?

4 minutes ago, Pyrotequila said:

Don't they have something similar in China?

Yep. And that started little by little until now the CCCP know all, see all and own all of its people.

Still, it couldnt happen over here in the civilised west now could it...

• Haha 1