Outrage As Wickes Boss Says Trans-Critical Shoppers 'Are Not Welcome.

......in our stores' sparking backlash from Elon Musk and Sharron Davies and claims this is DIY chain's 'Bud Light moment'

DIY giant Wickes is facing a furious boycott campaign and tumbling share price after its chief operating officer said shoppers with trans-critical views are 'bigots' who 'are not welcome in our stores anyway'. 

Wickes, one of Britain's largest suppliers of home improvement products, controversially carried a float at Brighton Pride last year with the slogan 'No LGB without the T'.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12202079/Outrage-Wickes-boss-says-trans-critical-shoppers-not-welcome-stores-sparking-backlash.html

Pointless virtue signalling or Stunning and Brave?

Your thoughts?

Edited by The_DADDY

My guess is that Wicks needs some publicity so thought " let's jump onto this seemingly fashionable bandwagon to look like we are edgy and modern"

Problem being, the numbskull who came up with this monstrosity of a comment has absolutely no idea that most of the population will think he is talking ****** and will laugh at them.

Hence sales will drop.

Edited by Al Bundy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

My guess is that Wicks needs some publicity so thought " let's jump onto this seemingly fashionable bandwagon to look like we are edgy and modern"

Problem being, the numbskull who came up with this monstrosity of a comment has absolutely no idea that most of the population will think he is talking ****** and will laugh at them.

Hence sales will drop.

My bold

Yup, they won't get my money anymore.

• Haha 1

It's a cold hearted commercial decision. They realise that there are more people supportive of trans acceptance than there are people who would take issue with it in their stores.  We are talking about a DIY store here - not the changing rooms at a swimming pool.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, altus said:

It's a cold hearted commercial decision. They realise that there are more people supportive of trans acceptance than there are people who would take issue with it in their stores.  We are talking about a DIY store here - not the changing rooms at a swimming pool.

Tell that to Anheuser Busch.

Hmmm... :huh:

While we're on about Wickes...
... I'd be interested to know how the store at the bottom of The Moor has been affected by being inside the CAZ.

I wonder if "white van man" is now shopping elsewhere...
... you don't seem to see the car park nearly as full as it used to be, but that could just be coincidence I suppose?

I wouldn't be surprised if this store is one of the first to close if the company sales overall drop... :|