Laurence Fox Burning Pride Flags

8 hours ago, Mister M said:

They were given as examples of hate crimes.

Not that it really matters. Had I that information, you'd only be patronising and tell me I was being hoodwinked. :rolleyes:

If hate crimes against gay folk are indeed up, then in your opinion why do you think that is?

Also remember that a hate crime nowadays is completely different to a hate crime 10 years ago so obviously there will be more. Isn't staring at a woman a hate crime these days or a wolf whistle?

Do you not think that this fashionable explosion of LGBTQ++ and the amount of flags and publicity could be starting to grind people's gears, not to mention the ridiculous gender identity/trans debate?

Edited by Al Bundy

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

If hate crimes against gay folk are indeed up, then in your opinion why do you think that is?

Also remember that a hate crime nowadays is completely different to a hate crime 10 years ago so obviously there will be more. Isn't staring at a woman a hate crime these days or a wolf whistle?

Do you not think that this fashionable explosion of LGBTQ++ and the amount of flags and publicity could be starting to grind people's gears, not to mention the ridiculous gender identity/trans debate?

What is this line supposed to convey ?     Why should these people "grind your gears" ?     Can't you just ignore them,  and get on with your life.

Sounds like you are starting to excuse your anger by saying it's all their fault.    Why not just shut up,  and let them get on with it?

To be honest,  I'm fed up of hearing about it all too,  which is why I DON'T COMMENT ON THEIR LIFESTYLE OR BEHAVIOUR.

You are helping to create a commotion about it,  so that you can say I'm fed up of all this commotion.

Hate crimes are up,  due to nasty minded people like you stirring thee pot.

Edited by Organgrinder

1 minute ago, Organgrinder said:

What is this line supposed to convey ?     Why should these people "grind your gears" ?     Can't you just ignore them,  and get on with your life.

Sounds like you are starting to excuse your anger by saying it's all their fault.    Why not just shut up,  and let them get on with it?

To be honest,  I'm fed up of hearing about it all too,  which is why I DON'T COMMENT ON THEIR LIFESTYLE OR BEHAVIOUR.

You are helping to create a commotion about it,  so that you can say I'm fed up of all this commotion.

Why do folk who vote Conservative grind your gears, can't you just ignore them and get on with your life?  

See, easy this.

You then state you are also fed up with hearing about it all, so then you agree it can be annoying?

Unfortunately some folk will take it further and dish out abuse, either verbally or physically.

I personally don't know one person who doesn't roll their eyes when the subject of gender identity/trans or the LGBTQ+++( the latest fashionable movement ) is brought up.

20 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Why do folk who vote Conservative grind your gears, can't you just ignore them and get on with your life?  

See, easy this.

You then state you are also fed up with hearing about it all, so then you agree it can be annoying?

Unfortunately some folk will take it further and dish out abuse, either verbally or physically.

I personally don't know one person who doesn't roll their eyes when the subject of gender identity/trans or the LGBTQ+++( the latest fashionable movement ) is brought up.

My gears are not ground by conservative voters at all.  I just consider them foolish and say so.  End of annoyance.

Yes, I did say that and also said that I deal with it quite easily but,  it isn't them that I find annoying,  it's you and your ilk, who never stop looking for stories about them.

Very much in the way  you read the Guardian so that you can complain about it.

Yes, I agree that some folk will take it further, these folk being egged on by you stirring the pot.  You are just an extreme right wing rabble rouser edging closer to Grey's political beliefs.

I know plenty of people who don't roll their eyes so it's the circles of fat controllers you are moving in,  that are causing the trouble.  Try mixing with normal people.

Other peoples sexual orientation has nothing whatsoever to do with you unless you are secretly jealous of them.

1 minute ago, Organgrinder said:

My gears are not ground by conservative voters at all.  I just consider them foolish and say so.  End of annoyance.

Yes, I did say that and also said that I deal with it quite easily but,  it isn't them that I find annoying,  it's you and your ilk, who never stop looking for stories about them.

Very much in the way  you read the Guardian so that you can complain about it.

Yes, I agree that some folk will take it further, these folk being egged on by you stirring the pot.  You are just an extreme right wing rabble rouser edging closer to Grey's political beliefs.

I know plenty of people who don't roll their eyes so it's the circles of fat controllers you are moving in,  that are causing the trouble.  Try mixing with normal people.

Other peoples sexual orientation has nothing whatsoever to do with you unless you are secretly jealous of them.

With respect you really do come across as a very angry bitter old man. 

You need to examine what a forum is by the way.

Anyway, can you explain why you are fed up about hearing about the LGBTQ/trans/gender identity phenomenon?

2 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

There was a spike of hate crimes against disabled people in the austerity years when the debate was polarised between strivers vs skivers. Similarly the Brexit debate toxified the country and there was a spike in hate crimes against people from ethnic minorities.

Is a hate crime nowadays is completely different to a hate crime 10 years ago? I don't know, I do know that the ones I read about are bricks being thrown through windows, beatings etc.

Whether or not there is an increase in the visibility of Pride flags, that doesn't justify throwing bricks through windows, or beating people up. If some people can't cope with difference, not that people's personal lives are any of their business, then  they need to seek help, rather than take it out on other people.

1 minute ago, Mister M said:

There was a spike of hate crimes against disabled people in the austerity years when the debate was polarised between strivers vs skivers. Similarly the Brexit debate toxified the country and there was a spike in hate crimes against people from ethnic minorities.

Is a hate crime nowadays is completely different to a hate crime 10 years ago? I don't know, I do know that the ones I read about are bricks being thrown through windows, beatings etc.

Whether or not there is an increase in the visibility of Pride flags, that doesn't justify throwing bricks through windows, or beating people up. If some people can't cope with difference, not that people's personal lives are any of their business, then  they need to seek help, rather than take it out on other people.

Oh, absolutely.

48 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

See, easy this.

Then they have to take the consequences of committing their crimes.

Why can't they just ignore people who are different and get on with their lives?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Then they have to take the consequences of committing their crimes.

Why can't they just ignore people who are different and get on with their lives?

Hmmm... :huh:

EXACTLY!

But in that case, it could be argued...
... why is there even a NEED to have a Pride flag?

The fact that such a flag exists doesn't ALLOW people to ignore "people who are different" by drawing attention to them! :|

• Like 2