Laurence Fox Burning Pride Flags

4 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Some companies desperate for the pink pound have jumped on the bandwagon. Not something I particularly welcome, nor do I welcome the change the emphasis from Pride demos to Pride parties. 

In its inception it was nothing to do with the desperation for attention, however the striving for equality and parity of esteem. 

Fair enough.

5 minutes ago, fools said:

mention bullies, look who turns up

mention trolls, look who turns up

mention alter ego's, look who turns up

You should be glad. That’s about 95% of your post history right there.

If I didn’t turn up, you’d have nobody to talk to.

1 hour ago, Mister M said:

It's very simple.

Having a Pride flag is an antidote to the shame that has been and is heaped on LGBT people from an early age, and the consequent guilt and negative feelings that goes with the territory.

The problem with 'The Flag', though, is that it lumps together different groups some of whom have an issue with the actions and politics of some of the other groups.

I know many gay/lesbian people who have a problem with the extreme trans idea of 'genital-phobia'. They don't feel any 'pride' in being forced by extremists to be intimate with someone who has the wrong body parts for their sexuality, or suffer calls of phobia and bigotry.