Laurence Fox Burning Pride Flags

38 minutes ago, leviathan13 said:

The problem with 'The Flag', though, is that it lumps together different groups some of whom have an issue with the actions and politics of some of the other groups.

The same can be said of the Union Jack.

1 hour ago, Mister M said:

Some companies desperate for the pink pound have jumped on the bandwagon. Not something I particularly welcome, nor do I welcome the change the emphasis from Pride demos to Pride parties. 

Agree.  If you support a cause it should be 24/7/365, not just a month to virtue signal.

I thought the image someone posted on here with the global companies having a pride flag in their social media for the West but not the middle east quite amusing.

E29eTlcWEAMeqHp.jpg

1 hour ago, leviathan13 said:

The problem with 'The Flag', though, is that it lumps together different groups some of whom have an issue with the actions and politics of some of the other groups.

I know many gay/lesbian people who have a problem with the extreme trans idea of 'genital-phobia'. They don't feel any 'pride' in being forced by extremists to be intimate with someone who has the wrong body parts for their sexuality, or suffer calls of phobia and bigotry.

Nobody's forcing me to be intimate with someone who has gender dysphoria, though I personally am more than happy to advocate and speak up for those who do have gender dysphoria.

There are gay & lesbians who seemingly behave towards trans people in exactly the same way as others behaved to them, none of which I will have anything to do with.  

3 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

I truly believe it's the latest fashion to have rainbow flags everywhere and loads are jumping on the bandwagon regardless of their sexual preference.

Regards the gender identity/ trans phenomenon, I think it's purely desperation for attention, not for all but for a large majority.

Not getting anywhere are we?     Why should it bother you if they have flags everywhere   -   do you think it's your business ?

As someone has pointed out that,  if it is desperation for attention,  then it's working because they've got your attention and it's people like you giving them all this attention.

Do you usually complain of things which you are causing yourself ?

4 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

Couldn't the same be said of folk who are promoting the pride flag? Why the constant need to have it everywhere?

I don't understand why it's so important to let the world know what your preferences are. 

I really don't think folk give a hoot.  Insecurity and attention would be my guess.

Couldn't the same be said of folk who are promoting the England  flag when there is a forthcoming game ?    Why the constant need to have it everywhere?

I don't understand why it's so important to let the world know what your preferences are. regarding supporting your favourite football team

I really don't think folk give a hoot.                                      Insecurity and attention would be my guess.

You obviously give a hoot but god knows why.             You are the one giving them that attention

When you read what you yourself has written,  doesn't it look silly when you just change one word away from Pride.

What's the difference between them and football supporters ???????

Read your own silly words Mr Bundy

5 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

Why do folk who vote Conservative grind your gears, can't you just ignore them and get on with your life?  

See, easy this.

You then state you are also fed up with hearing about it all, so then you agree it can be annoying?

Unfortunately some folk will take it further and dish out abuse, either verbally or physically.

I personally don't know one person who doesn't roll their eyes when the subject of gender identity/trans or the LGBTQ+++( the latest fashionable movement ) is brought up.

It's annoying but NOT BECAUSE OF THEM.  It's annoying BECAUSE OF YOU  and other dinosaurs, forever trying to make life hard for them.

We already know that you are happy to promote violence to them.  I did say that you were one of the fat controllers.

2 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

It's annoying but NOT BECAUSE OF THEM.  It's annoying BECAUSE OF YOU  and other dinosaurs, forever trying to make life hard for them.

We already know that you are happy to promote violence to them.  I did say that you were one of the fat controllers.

Are you drunk or just being incredibly silly?

First off...

Please can you point out where I have said anything remotely like that in bold?

If, as I expect you are unable to, I will expect an apology for that quite vile accusation.

3 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

Not getting anywhere are we?     Why should it bother you if they have flags everywhere   -   do you think it's your business ?

As someone has pointed out that,  if it is desperation for attention,  then it's working because they've got your attention and it's people like you giving them all this attention.

Do you usually complain of things which you are causing yourself ?

Again..

You are really struggling with the concept of a forum ain't you.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Al Bundy said:

Are you drunk or just being incredibly silly?

First off...

Please can you point out where I have said anything remotely like that in bold?

If, as I expect you are unable to, I will expect an apology for that quite vile accusation.

Unfortunately some folk will take it further and dish out abuse, either verbally or physically.