Laurence Fox Burning Pride Flags

1 minute ago, Mister M said:

It's an internet forum which is anonymous. Besides which, Fox is probably to busy wallowing in self pity that he chose to film himself on Father's Day burning Pride flags to notice that someone who he doesn't like has taken exception to his actions. 

In any case, there are lots of us, on the internet registering our disgust with his actions, and what he said. 

And there are a lot of people applauding him . Wonder why ?

I've explained in exactly the same post why it isn't and shouldn't be.

Hopefully when the police investigate him, the newspapers will explain in clear terms why burning the Pride flag shouldn't be okay.

Burning a pride flag is no different to burning any other flag. If he wants to protest it then he should be allowed and to me that's what his actions were, a protest. 

As for the police getting involved that's just plain daft especially when there are so many actual crimes going unsolved. 

Just now, The_DADDY said:

Burning a pride flag is no different to burning any other flag. If he wants to protest it then he should be allowed and to me that's what his actions were, a protest. 

As for the police getting involved that's just plain daft especially when there are so many actual crimes going unsolved. 

Protesting is fine. No problems with that.

Inflaming public opinion further when, as he well knows, attacks on gay and trans people are on the rise is altogether different.

If you could join the dots you'd realise that potentially Fox is encouraging more hate crimes, thereby increasing the workload of the police.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Stupidity

Ignorance

Envy

etc etc....

For some it could be frustration.. 

People see things like this and perhaps don't like it?

Warning. Some profanity right at the end of the short clip.

Just now, Mister M said:

Inflaming public opinion further when, as he well knows, attacks on gay and trans people are on the rise is altogether different.

If you could join the dots you'd realise that potentially Fox is encouraging more hate crimes, thereby increasing the workload of the police.

Stop trying to explain it mate , wasting your time .

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

So do as we say otherwise you'll get beaten up?

Presumably whoever authorised the workmen to take down the Union Jack did so after consultation with the authorities, and was agreed to.

3 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Stop trying to explain it mate , wasting your time .

I think I am.

It's not about joining the dots. It's about the right to protest. Look, if Laurence Fox comes out and says "It wasn't a protest I just hate it" then fine. Until then I see it as his right to protest how he likes.

Would I personally do it?

No.

Do I support other people's right to burn a flag if they feel it gets their point across?

Yes. 

3 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Reight brains there . Don t even know the name of the flag they're  moaning about .