Laurence Fox Burning Pride Flags

1 minute ago, Mister M said:

So do as we say otherwise you'll get beaten up?

Presumably whoever authorised the workmen to take down the Union Jack did so after consultation with the authorities, and was agreed to.

And? Some people love the Union flag and consider it the height of disrespect to throw it to the ground like that. 

2 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Reight brains there . Don t even know the name of the flag they're  moaning about .

You're not wrong with that.

4 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I think I am.

Wasting your time?

Really?

Is this because I won't fold and go along with you?

3 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

It's not about joining the dots. It's about the right to protest. Look, if Laurence Fox comes out and says "It wasn't a protest I just hate it" then fine. Until then I see it as his right to protest how he likes.

Would I personally do it?

No.

Do I support other people's right to burn a flag if they feel it gets their point across?

Yes. 

Well clearly even Fox is not so stupid as to say that. Mind you he filmed himself doing it, so maybe he is that stupid.

But there is precedent in British law.

Look at the 'silent protests' earlier this year, where people were warned and moved on by the police for praying outside abortion clinics.

1 minute ago, Mister M said:

Well clearly even Fox is not so stupid as to say that. Mind you he filmed himself doing it, so maybe he is that stupid.

But there is precedent in British law.

Look at the 'silent protests' earlier this year, where people were warned and moved on by the police for praying outside abortion clinics.

My bold

Again, the police had no business interfering there either but I guess that's another topic for another day.

Italics

Filming himself burning the flags wasn't a stupid thing to do. Like I say, right to protest but with the complete overreaction by some and now the involvement of the police he could end up regretting it. 

2 minutes ago, fools said:

I despair sometimes, you never question anything

Oh go on then Mother Superior, where should I be getting my statistics on hate crimes from if not the Home Office?

Dan Wootton off GBNews, or the Conservative Parliamentary 'Common Sense Group' :roll: