Lack Of Amenities In The City Centre

Just seen the news, 20 more councils doing away with parking meters, don't know if Sheffield is one of them..

You have to pay by "App"

Lots of complaints about this as a lot of elderly people don't have this facility.

I'm one of them!

So I can't park my car, even though I've got money in mi pocket.

It's WRONG!

29 minutes ago, Padders said:

Just seen the news, 20 more councils doing away with parking meters, don't know if Sheffield is one of them..

You have to pay by "App"

Lots of complaints about this as a lot of elderly people don't have this facility.

I'm one of them!

It's WRONG!

Yes, I agree with you.

I carry a phone simply for emergencies if I'm out alone.  I don't allow it to go on the internet  because, to me, it's just a phone.

As a result I neither use nor need apps and I'm definitely not joining up to the  life style that needs a mini computer to run my entire life.

This will, as usual, be another way of saving some money for the council, whilst they waste other money on hare-brained schemes which later get reversed again.

Edited by Organgrinder

18 minutes ago, Padders said:

You have to pay by "App"

I'm one of them!

It's WRONG!

Well you could. Simply visit a private car park instead.

My 85 year old grandad manages with a smart phone, so its never too late. And lets be honest, the people who refuse to use one are slowly going to die out. Sounds harsh but here we are.

TBF I think the issue here is that the machines in a few areas that took card payments are having to go because they use the 3G mobile network which is being turned off, so those councils are having to replace the machines, and are using the opportunity to put new machines in with no cash option. I dont recall any on street machine in Sheffield being able to take a card so it shouldnt be an issue here (yet).

Edited by HeHasRisen

3 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Well you could. Simply visit a private car park instead.

My 85 year old grandad manages with a smart phone, so its never too late. And lets be honest, the people who refuse to use one are slowly going to die out. Sounds harsh but here we are.

I could manage with a smart phone, no problem..

But they cost money, and I don't want more expense adding to my bills.

Everyone chooses what they personally want to do.  We are not sheep.

It's never too late to use anything, including a smartphone, but many people don't want to and so, won't

Someone needs to tell risen that, the people who DO use one are also going to slowly die out too.  Harsh but true

None of us are going to get out of here alive

6 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Erm, you are on the one who has me on ignore mate, I can read all of your guff perfectly fine, nobody needs to tell me owt 🤣

Except to try thinking before you post