Lack Of Amenities In The City Centre

On 23/06/2023 at 10:05, Padders said:

Just seen the news, 20 more councils doing away with parking meters, don't know if Sheffield is one of them..

You have to pay by "App"

Lots of complaints about this as a lot of elderly people don't have this facility.

I'm one of them!

So I can't park my car, even though I've got money in mi pocket.

It's WRONG!

I agree totally. It is wrong.

And it is discrimination.

OAPs should band together and not pay any fines they get if they can only pay by smartphone.

Cash is still legal tender.  Let it go to court.

Refuse to pay the fine if it comes to that.

If enough people refuse to pay I'm sure some OAPs champions group will take this up.

It needs a legal ruling. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Anna B said:

I agree totally. It is wrong.

And it is discrimination.

OAPs should band together and not pay any fines they get if they can only pay by smartphone.

Cash is still legal tender.  Let it go to court.

Refuse to pay the fine if it comes to that.

If enough people refuse to pay I'm sure some OAPs champions group will take this up.

It needs a legal ruling. 

I went to ASDA last week.

I always use the self service tills as I rarely purchase much, and I always use cash. I could use my card, but I like to keep a check on my money (I'm a tight old git"

When they started these self-service tills, they were all "Cash or Card" but gradually and slowly the cash ones are being phased out.

So last week two of the cash ones were out of order?

The remaining 2/3 cash ones had a huge queue forming, while the card payers merrily went on their way...

It's a ploy to force you to use your card.

I know it's the way forward, I accept that.

But it's bloody annoying.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Very rarely go to town in a car . Last night had to take mi Mam to the walk in centre on Broad Lane  . Little car park opposite  it took cash. Good job because I don’t do phone banking or carry a bank card .

I hope that your mother feels better soon. Well done for paying cash. We need to say no to this cashless society bull crap.

24 minutes ago, Padders said:

I always use the self service tills as I rarely purchase much, and I always use cash. I could use my card, but I like to keep a check on my money (I'm a tight old git"

When they started these self-service tills, they were all "Cash or Card" but gradually and slowly the cash ones are being phased out.

The remaining 2/3 cash ones had a huge queue forming, while the card payers merrily went on their way...

They are pushing it hard but resistance is growing. We are a growing number in the fight against it. The queues for the cash tills are getting longer. Pizza Hut going cashless didn't go well, as they are closing stores left, right and centre.

13 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

I hope that your mother feels better soon. Well done for paying cash. We need to say no to this cashless society bull crap.

They are pushing it hard but resistance is growing. We are a growing number in the fight against it. The queues for the cash tills are getting longer. Pizza Hut going cashless didn't go well, as they are closing stores left, right and centre.

It was on the news last week, that more and more people are reverting back to cash.

Why!

I'll tell you, when using plastic, you spend too much. simple as that.

As I've already said, I like to keep a tight rein on my finance's.

If I go shopping with £30 in my pocket, then I can't overspend.

Sod em!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

Any company who refuses cash deserves to fail in my opinion 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

Pizza Hut closing stores has nothing to do with them going cashless. Lots of chain restaurants have closed outlets.  Prezzo, Pizza Express Zizi ect. They all accept cash

Edited by Zinger549
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zinger549 said:

Pizza Hut closing stores has nothing to do with them going cashless. Lots of chain restaurants have closed outlets.  Prezzo, Pizza Express Zizi ect. They all accept cash

No no no mate. It's all Klaus Schwab and the New World Order, in conjuction with the Rothschilds and the Jewish Lizards. 

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

No no no mate. It's all Klaus Schwab and the New World Order, in conjuction with the Rothschilds and the Jewish Lizards. 

Hmmm... :huh:

They all sound like a bunch of warm-up acts appearing at Glastonbury... :hihi:

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

No no no mate. It's all Klaus Schwab and the New World Order, in conjuction with the Rothschilds and the Jewish Lizards

The lizards aren't Jewish. They are an ancient species who live in the centre of the earth and have done for 1000s of years.  

Legend has it they only make themselves known to middle aged men who still live with their mum.

I thought everyone knew that.

It's the rothschilds who are the Jews. 👍

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Padders said:

It's more than annoying Padders, 

When they have us all paying by card, smart phone etc. they'll control us.

They can stop payments on a whim, or as a punishment.

Remember those Canadian strikers who had their money / credit withdrawn because they'd had the audacity to go on strike?

They will know where we are, who we are, what we've got, what we do with it, how we spend it, and what we spend it on. If they don't approve, they can suspend payment.

Cash is anonymous, and our last freedom.

• Haha 2