Lack Of Amenities In The City Centre

17 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

. Pizza Hut going cashless didn't go well, as they are closing stores left, right and centre.

Pizza Hut as a business was failing long before the cashless decision. Nice attempt at straw clutching. 

17 hours ago, Padders said:

If I go shopping with £30 in my pocket, then I can't overspend.

Sod em!

If you've only got 30 quid on your card you can't overspend. It'll decline. In any case self-control is also an option. 

Like it or not cash as a payment method is dying. It accounts for less than 14% of all transactions (21/22). Early indications show that fell a further 1.7% for 22/23

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Anna B said:

It's more than annoying Padders, 

When they have us all paying by card, smart phone etc. they'll control us.

They can stop payments on a whim, or as a punishment.

Remember those Canadian strikers who had their money / credit withdrawn because they'd had the audacity to go on strike?

They will know where we are, who we are, what we've got, what we do with it, how we spend it, and what we spend it on. If they don't approve, they can suspend payment.

Cash is anonymous, and our last freedom.

cheerful-bearded-man-foil-hat-smiles-thr

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Padders said:

It was on the news last week, that more and more people are reverting back to cash.

Why!

I'll tell you, when using plastic, you spend too much. simple as that.

As I've already said, I like to keep a tight rein on my finance's.

If I go shopping with £30 in my pocket, then I can't overspend.

Sod em!

Get one of these Padders.

https://www.revolut.com

Stick £30 on the card and go shopping. Once it runs out, you have to stop.

You can keep track of it using your smartphone. The same smartphone that Blackrock are using to monitor your movements 😁

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

"They" 🤣🤣🤣

One of the first things police do when trying to trace / track a person is monitor their credit and debit cards. Companies also collect all sorts of data from them and use it as most benefits them.

Banks can also freeze your account or debit it at will. 

It's well known.

They also get things wrong and make mistakes.

It's happened to me when I was miles away from home. If I hadn't had cash on me as well as well as cards, I wouldn't have been able to get home. 

Nothing conspiratorial or tin hat about it.

Edited by Anna B
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Anna B said:

One of the first things police do when trying to trace / track a person is monitor their credit and debit cards. Companies also collect all sorts of data from them and use it as most benefits them.

It's well known.

I’ve just been tidying the attic. Found a box of cowrie shells.

Do you fancy popping out for a spot of lunch?

6 minutes ago, Anna B said:

It's well known.

Any of the above happened to you? Both the police and banks have to  get permission to do as you say, and there are strict controls on how they proceed.

I've never noticed any strange behaviour, and I've used credit/debit cards for 99.9% of my transactions for at least the last five years, if not longer.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

"They" 🤣🤣🤣

If you don't have the intellect to understand what she means,  Maybe you should stop acting childish again, and give her posts a miss.

Edited by Organgrinder

1 hour ago, RollingJ said:

Any of the above happened to you? Both the police and banks have to  get permission to do as you say, and there are strict controls on how they proceed.

I've never noticed any strange behaviour, and I've used credit/debit cards for 99.9% of my transactions for at least the last five years, if not longer.

We all know full well that the authorities can do more or less,  as they please, and often do,  when they're taking time off from breaking the law themselves.

Because you don't notice any strange behaviour,  makes no difference whatsoever, To Anna, me, or anyone else.

Everyone does as they choose, as always.