Teacher Berates Student For Refusing To Accept Other Child's 'Identity'

'Teacher Berates Student For Refusing To Accept Other Child's 'Identity'. 

Is someone in a position of power even allowed to 'berate' someone else without them claiming they're being bullied & consequently, they're having their mental health affected?

It's a minefield. 

4 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Can she lick her bum ?

Yes. Test of a true cat.  If you can't do it, you can't identify as it. 

8 hours ago, Axe said:

The teacher should be sacked.

From the wording of the article, it sounds like it was a exercise, not a real situation where a girl really was a cat. Who would believe such nonsense, made to wind people up.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, El Cid said:

From the wording of the article, it sounds like it was a exercise, not a real situation where a girl really was a cat. Who would believe such nonsense, made to wind people up.

I was thinking something similar. All seems  too far fetched and far more likely to be exaggerated discussion as part of the wider lesson.

But the Daily Mail and LBC have once again done the job. Selectively edited, over simplified to set off the triggers and stir up the frothy mouthed debate.

Edited by ECCOnoob

9 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

I was thinking something similar. All seems  too far fetched and far more likely to be exaggerated discussion as part of the wider lesson.

But the Daily Mail and LBC have once again done the job. Selectively edited, over simplified to set off the triggers and stir up the frothy mouthed debate.

have a look at what's going on in the US, if you think nothing is happening

Edited by fools
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, fools said:

have a look at what's going on in the US, if you think nothing is happening

Interestingly Otto English has done just that in his recent article "Fake Cats and the Legitimisation of Hate", where he's been looking into cats, and litter trays in toilets (not literally I hope).
It seems that once again the actual story has been misrepresented, and then weaponised against a minority group.

Edited by peak4
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, peak4 said:

It seems that once again the actual story has been misrepresented, and then weaponised against a minority group.

It seems you believe anything that fits your narrative. something far-right transphobia hate hope blah blah.

fortunately, it's not hidden in the US, the teacher invariably video's themselves

I don't know how people can not know this is happening here too, it's not the first time this sort of story came out in the news

Edited by fools

12 hours ago, El Cid said:

The school is being investigated.  

The only good thing is that the class can take it as a guide at how to deal with this coercion when they leave school,  I think reacting with humour would suffice.  As for the teacher she is part of an investigation brought on by her own 'tactics'.