The Missing Titanic Sub

19 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

From the beginning you’ve been right on what you thought had happened to the sub.

Suppose it depends when it happened. But probably more likely it imploded days ago rather than only today or yesterday. 

6 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Suppose it depends when it happened. But probably more likely it imploded days ago rather than only today or yesterday. 

Yes I think you are right.  The experts are saying they died quickly, better then slowly running out of oxygen.

12 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

Yes I think you are right.  The experts are saying they died quickly, better then slowly running out of oxygen.

It’s a pity Stockton Rush didn’t listen to them. I can’t get my head around folk throwing hundreds of thousands of pounds at someone who refused rigorous testing of something he’d built to do something really dangerous. 

1 hour ago, Mister Gee said:

It’s a pity Stockton Rush didn’t listen to them. I can’t get my head around folk throwing hundreds of thousands of pounds at someone who refused rigorous testing of something he’d built to do something really dangerous. 

Given that we're in the age of wealthy, 'maverick' tech bro worship, it's maybe not that surprising. Perhaps this is a bit of an Emperor's New Clothes moment.

1 hour ago, Mister Gee said:

The sub looks  like a toy, it doesn’t look as though it could withstand all of that pressure to me, but I don’t know much about mini subs.  I’m curious to know if you have to have a license and safety certificate to operate tours to the Titanic, in fact I didn’t know that they were allowed.  I was all for exploring the Titanic when it was first found a number of years ago to see if they could find out more to what happened on the fateful day. Now as I’ve already said in one post the Titanic and all of those poor souls who died on it should allowed to rest in peace.  

3 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

It's international waters, they can likely do as they please. The sub wasn't certified by any nation or international body. 

I was curious to know which country was responsible but as you say it is international waters.  I didn’t know that.