The Missing Titanic Sub

3 minutes ago, ThaBoom said:

The bodies are to be left at sea, according to investigators from the search mission. 

That's just a polite way of saying "will have been eaten before we can get to them".

2 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Just watching one of the best docudramas  of the Titanic I've seen,   Waking the Titanic on Netflix ,  its very different to the usual stories and details. 

Is it true that the Titanic's swimming pool is still full of water?

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Colin Foster said:

Just been on the news that the Pakistani man on the submarine was called Mustafa Leak!

Not at all in good taste.  I didn't know 10 year olds were allowed on here.

Guest ThaBoom
22 minutes ago, altus said:

That's just a polite way of saying "will have been eaten before we can get to them".

I guess so, plenty of carnivores in the deep sea- and perhaps even species we don't know about.

43 minutes ago, Padders said:

Is it true that the Titanic's swimming pool is still full of water?

Ive heard that the open air pool on  Padders Bar Leisure Complex is very  popular,  trouble is,  you have to wait till it  rains before  you can use it.   :hihi:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, crookesey said:

Many people have lost their lives pioneering things that we now take for granted. The guys lost in this sub will be remembered as that, they wouldn’t accept anything less.

It's already known how to get a submersible down to those depths - you make a forged titanium sphere. Problem with a sphere is that you can't fit 4 people in who are  paying $250,000 each, so he went for a carbon fibre cylinder instead. The only innovation is proving that carbon fibre cylinders aren't reliable at those depths.

1 hour ago, altus said:

There will be no bodies, they will have been - there's no nice way of putting this - smashed into tiny particles by the implosion of the sub under so much pressure, generating a brief flash of heat at ~500°c. They'll have known nothing about it though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PRESLEY said:

Just watching one of the best docudramas  of the Titanic I've seen,   Waking the Titanic on Netflix ,  its very different to the usual stories and details. 

My bold. 

What?  Did the iceberg sink?  Or did Meghan watch as Harry drowned? 

48 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

My bold. 

What?  Did the iceberg sink?  Or did Meghan watch as Harry drowned? 

Can always be relied on to take the P