The Missing Titanic Sub

1 hour ago, PRESLEY said:

Good points made,  tbf,  I know people will disagree but I think it could be a very very long time before anyone attempts this again no matter how much money is concearned.

Anyone with any commonsense are only going to be a passenger in a tiny submarine used and approved by the Royal Navy.

Terribly tragic situation. Please stop with the blame game.

They made a mistake maybe, and wrong choices, but haven't we all? 

This time they paid with their lives.

I don't care who they were, how rich, how entitled etc..

They had family and fiends who are now grieving their loss, like any other human beings, and don't need this. 

Someone lost a partner and son in the same accident for heavens sake...

Grief is grief. A life lost before its time is a tragedy.

Show some compassion.

Lets just hope lessons really will be learned this time

• Like 2

Guest ThaBoom
1 hour ago, Anna B said:

Terribly tragic situation. Please stop with the blame game.

They made a mistake maybe, and wrong choices, but haven't we all? 

This time they paid with their lives.

I don't care who they were, how rich, how entitled etc..

They had family and fiends who are now grieving their loss, like any other human beings, and don't need this. 

Someone lost a partner and son in the same accident for heavens sake...

Grief is grief. A life lost before its time is a tragedy.

Show some compassion.

Lets just hope lessons really will be learned this time

Your point is valid, let's do hope things are learnt etc

However, the CEO was forewarned and his reckless behaviour cost his life along with 4 others.

That is exactly what the Titanic's captain did- was told there were ice bergs and they should slow down-but what did Captain Smith do...SPEEDS UP! His reckless behaviour cost 1500 lives.

At that speed, hitting an ice berg was going to have serious consequences- even if some ppl believed the ship was indestructible.

20 minutes ago, ThaBoom said:

Your point is valid, let's do hope things are learnt etc

However, the CEO was forewarned and his reckless behaviour cost his life along with 4 others.

That is exactly what the Titanic's captain did- was told there were ice bergs and they should slow down-but what did Captain Smith do...SPEEDS UP! His reckless behaviour cost 1500 lives.

At that speed, hitting an ice berg was going to have serious consequences- even if some ppl believed the ship was indestructible.

Just reinforces that those at the top are not always the wisest people and we all need to think before we blindly follow them.

4 hours ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

You were right...

... you shouldn't have bothered! :hihi:

You compared the decision to go on that sub with a silly hypothetical situation that would never happen to try and prove a point. It’s you that shouldn’t have bothered.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, redruby said:

You compared the decision to go on that sub with a silly hypothetical situation that would never happen to try and prove a point. It’s you that shouldn’t have bothered.

So what point was it that you think I was trying to prove? :hihi:

14 hours ago, Mr Bloke said:

So what point was it that you think I was trying to prove? :hihi:

That a young person shouldn’t do something to please their parents if they think it might be risky?  
Well for a person of simple intellect, I suppose it’s that’s not difficult.  The lad says ‘it’s dangerous, I’m not doing it’.  End of story.  

Looking at the complexities of human emotion as to why young people are particularly vulnerable to feeling compelled do things against their better judgment to please others is probably a step too far. So I’ll leave you to play with your little giggling and scratchy head emojis.