The Missing Titanic Sub

On 30/06/2023 at 15:36, Warlockk said:

A very sad story. It's hard to imagine her feelings about this.

Another thing that makes me sad is that again in the same place people have polluted the ocean. How much garbage and plastic we pour into the ocean is impossible to calculate, and here it is again. I immediately remembered how I recently searched https://studydriver.com/plastic-pollution-essay/ for materials for my study work here and read that over the past 100 years, people have thrown several hundred tons of garbage into the ocean by shipwrecks alone. I hope this situation will make other researchers think and test their submarines more reliably.

Watching the news and pieces of the sub pulled out of the ocean it looked like a flimsy plastic object. It didn’t look like it was built to withstand the pressure of the deep ocean. As Mister Gee said in his post people paying extortionate prices and not asking what pressure tests it’s gone through is madness. I’m surprised Hamish Harding didn’t do his research on safety checks.  

As for plastic waste the then Prince Charles in the 1970’s tried to address the issue of plastic in our oceans.  He said, “One day we will have to deal with this indestructible plastic waste problem”.  At the time people thought he was dotty and eccentric. As we now know he was a forward thinking man for his time. Whether you like the King or not you have to give him credit for being right and making people aware that plastic is polluting our oceans. 

Edited by hauxwell
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, crookesey said:

There was a fair chance that this could end in tears and sadly it did,  however if it wasn’t mega dangerous it wouldn’t be interesting, such is our macabre fascination in such things.

It’s interesting how mega rich people spend their money these days. Back in the day they built things and created parks and gardens that we could all enjoy. It’s a funny old world.

https://nypost.com/2023/05/11/michelin-star-meals-to-be-served-on-the-edge-of-space-for-130k/

22 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

It’s interesting how mega rich people spend their money these days. Back in the day they built things and created parks and gardens that we could all enjoy. It’s a funny old world.

https://nypost.com/2023/05/11/michelin-star-meals-to-be-served-on-the-edge-of-space-for-130k/

I fully agree and I still love to enjoy Graves Park courtesy of Ald JG Graves, to whom I'm still grateful for his useful gift.

I've zero interest at all in traveling to the edge of space for dinner,  or the bottom of the Atlantic to view a graveyard.

I know I must be a funny lad but still quite content with what I have. 

10 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

I fully agree and I still love to enjoy Graves Park courtesy of Ald JG Graves, to whom I'm still grateful for his useful gift.

I've zero interest at all in traveling to the edge of space for dinner,  or the bottom of the Atlantic to view a graveyard.

I know I must be a funny lad but still quite content with what I have. 

If only the likes of Zuckerberg, Musk and Bezos would follow his example.

Just now, HumbleNarrator said:

Everyone loved Elon Musk until he started opening his mouth and being opinionated on things like woke culture, etc.

The Biden administration held some sort of event with EV manufacturers and Tesla wasn't invited, which I thought was very churlish and petty. So much for the "grown ups being in charge."

What’s that?

3 minutes ago, HumbleNarrator said:

Everyone loved Elon Musk until he started opening his mouth and being opinionated on things like woke culture, etc.

The Biden administration held some sort of event with EV manufacturers and Tesla wasn't invited, which I thought was very churlish and petty. So much for the "grown ups being in charge."

Aye, damn him for having an opinion, the absolute rotter.

Folk dislike Musk because he is rich, successful and extremely smart.

Edited by Al Bundy

6 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Aye, damn him for having an opinion, the absolute rotter.

Folk dislike Musk because he is rich, successful and extremely smart.

You’re probably poor, unsuccessful and with out a doubt incredibly thick so why do you stick up for these shysters?