The Missing Titanic Sub

2 minutes ago, Janus said:

If this incident ends tragically, I can see regulations being enforced.

Not even sure what regulations even exist for things like this, especially in international waters. Maybe someone else can shed some light.

Where's a bloke in a hard hat, hi-viz with a clipboard, shouting, 'Health & safety! "  As at least the Brit on board appears to be extremely wealthy, I bet there's a few lawyers rubbing their hands in anticipation of lawsuits if the worse comes to the worse. 

To put it in perspective, when that Russian sub, Kursk, sank to the bottom & they were trying for a few days to get the men out, it was sitting at a depth of about 350ft & as we know, none of the rescue attempts succeeded.

If this little submersible is at the bottom near the Titanic, it's resting at around 12,600ft. 

Guest ThaBoom
4 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

All very sad if they dont get found, but look at the inside of it!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada-65958697

All looks very basic, plus a cheap games controller used to steer the thing!  Its all very odd given how much people are paying to go in it, was expecting something a bit more sophisticated.

All that money sometimes makes you feel invincible- sadly this might end up being their last ever venture.

4 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

All very sad if they dont get found, but look at the inside of it!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada-65958697

All looks very basic, plus a cheap games controller used to steer the thing!  Its all very odd given how much people are paying to go in it, was expecting something a bit more sophisticated.

I thought it would be like the deck of  Starship Enterprise.