The Missing Titanic Sub

1 minute ago, Padders said:

My thoughts are with the occupants...

I'm praying for a successful rescue..

What a terrible way to go, trapped in a sub a couple of miles deep in the Atlantic, and gradually running out of air..

Fingers crossed!

Fingers crossed indeed matey.

One interview I heard today toyed with the idea of a rapid decompression being a possible reason for the loss of contact. At 1st thought that sounds very gruesome. Having said that, if they do/have lost their lives then I think if it were me I'd prefer the quicker way to die rather than the longer drawn out way of slowly suffocating in a metal tube. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Padders said:

My thoughts are with the occupants...

I'm praying for a successful rescue..

What a terrible way to go, trapped in a sub a couple of miles deep in the Atlantic, and gradually running out of air..

Fingers crossed!

Ditto Padders.

Terrible situation...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

To be fair the porthole could have caved in hours ago,  which would have resulted in an almost instantaneous death with the water pressure. 

Well, goodnight! 

what im reading its supposed to be able to go to a depth of 4000m which is further down than the Titanic is situated (3800) so in theory, pressure shouldnt be an issue

Edited by melthebell

4 minutes ago, melthebell said:

what im reading its supposed to be able to go to a depth of 4000m which is further down than the Titanic is situated (3800) so in theory, pressure shouldnt be an issue

Unless something outside the sub damaged the porthole?

8 minutes ago, melthebell said:

In theory aye but looking at the thing who knows.  I agree with Daddy though, would rather go quickly than it being drawn out over days. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, melthebell said:

The loch Ness monster?

Looking at the picture of the sub I'd have thought those external cables (or pipes) would be vulnerable to a monster shark or similar attack, or getting snagged in summat. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/titanic-search-wreck-missing-oxygen-b2360999.html

Also navy subs have steel hulls, not carbon fibre.

I’ve just read that banging sounds have been detected where the sub went missing, but it also said circumstances are against those on board.

When this is all over the Titanic should be allowed to rest in peace.

Edited by hauxwell

Guest ThaBoom
12 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

How loud a noise are 5 people, probably knackered by now, banging on a sub which is a few inches thick actually going to make? 

Seems unlikely to be them tbh. 

Never underestimate the human spirit - I hope it was them,  because it will be sad if this all is in vain.

Some very important ppl on that vessel who make a lot of contribution to UK.