Swfc Fans Forum

PapaLazarou

"Don’t worry who the coach is will still use the same target list as previous manager"

Interesting scenario for the new manager.

Anyway - I would be genuinely interested to hear the views from any wednesday posters on here that have been down tonight.

Fans Forums are always tricky, and owners can be even trickier. I think both our clubs have interesting, challenging, and at times questionable owners.

Its never dull with these two is it.

Edited by PapaLazarou

Reading live press updates from the event..... there seems to be some right uproar.

It seems the reason Moore has gone is because the club is in a right financial pickle and won't be providing a budget to improve the squad.... Moore wanted an upgrade on older players, Chansiri states any new manager will have to work with the players that he has.

Season ticket prices are so high because Sheffield Wednesday fans didn't commit. He doesn't know much about Sheffielders and what they can afford apparently. But this is irrelevant to Chansiri as fans could buy early birds in installments. Its all the fans fault that everythings rocketing as Chansiri can't meet the costs otherwise.. 

No shame for the rip off kit prices, the high end season ticket prices....none of it. He's literally blaming everything on the fans.

Bet Darren Moore's glad to be out of the club.... no wonder he was urging fans not to turn on one and other....and to stay together in his departing statement.

Hows all this sit with you @bassett one??

It seems Moore wanted players, he wanted to offload and do recruitment right....however Chansiri wanted things done his way and made ahash of it all. In January, Chansiri was the one who blocked the signings that you hammered DM for??

And for your big recruitment plans.... It seems moore wanted to trim the squad and bring down the average age..... Chansiri has openly said that he won't be bankrolling any changes through the window. He says that any manager coming into the club will have to work with the players at his disposal....

He's learnt his lesson, yet he's flipping everything onto the fans. His high ticketing and shirt prices, all the fans fault!! He reckons he should be charging way more for a pint and food inside the ground, because they do so at gigs.... sooo watch this space.

Still your hero?

Edited by Monkesreturn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

I’m not there but reading comments from those that are ….basically the owner hasn’t got a kin clue ….he is killing the club all over again…& if anyone tries to to tell you otherwise they are as bad as him …

I think you're right.

Sad state of affairs. And I'm not for one second suggesting that our owner is much better.

I guess the only difference is that the Prince understands "fans". Whilst Chansiri sees "customers".

Not that any of that is doing either of us any good right now.

Its going to be a grim summer......

Edited by PapaLazarou

Owls fans rightly kicking off allover media articles and social media.... the majority want him gone from the club.

Also reading that he this evening also referred to Jos luhukay as "little hitler".... Oh dear

Edited by Monkesreturn

Hmmm... :huh:

My favourite bit so far is Mr Tuna blaming the fans (or lack of) for season ticket prices being so high!

He reckons that IF 30,000 fans bought season tickets then he'd reduce the price to £400 immediately!

But it's been pointed out that the current ground capacity is only 32,000...

... and they have to allow for match day ticket sales AND away supporters - so it's not possible to sell 30,000 season tickets!

Now you'd have thought that a top, successful businessman such as Mr Tuna might just have been aware of that! :hihi:

54 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

My favourite bit so far is Mr Tuna blaming the fans (or lack of) for season ticket prices being so high!

He reckons that IF 30,000 fans bought season tickets then he'd reduce the price to £400 immediately!

But it's been pointed out that the current ground capacity is only 32,000...

... and they have to allow for match day ticket sales AND away supporters - so it's not possible to sell 30,000 season tickets!

Now you'd have thought that a top, successful businessman such as Mr Tuna might just have been aware of that! :hihi:

Shirts are even better

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/321948-chansiri-the-£65-replica-shirts-should-be-priced-higher/

Best quote I’ve seen tonight:

“He bought a club for £35m with no debt, our own stadium a youth system producing some players and a team with the players that was the backbone of our team for the next 4 to 5 years (Westwood, Lees, Lee, Loovens, Nuihu, Palmer etc).

8 years later he has spent the best part of £250m+

we now are a club without a stadium, we have 12 contracted players, no manager, no coaches, losing £10-20m a season, playing in a stadium that has had its capacity reduce by nearly 25% due to it not being up to standard, we have had multiple points deductions, breach rules on Financial fair play many times, been placed under more transfer embargos than we can count.

But Yep, I cannot see why people could be saying he doesnt know what hes doing.”

• Haha 2