Chansiri The Hands On Owner.

Alextopman

Hmmm... :huh:

From what I've read, it appears that Mr Tuna has very little interest in understanding what it really means to local people that he owns their football club.

He seems to have very little affinity with fans and treats it just like owning any other business - it's his, and he thinks he should be able to do what he likes with it!

Which got me thinking...
... why would someone buy a football club on the other side of the world if your heart wasn't in it?

Well as an investment - obviously!

Now I could be totally wrong here, but I think I remember reading that he bought the club for his son - so maybe this is the REAL reason for his 'involvement'?

Maybe he's just 'looking after' things and keeping the club ticking over until his son is old enough (I've no idea how old he is?) to take over and run things?

And if he really is treating it as just a long-term investment...
... then there's no knowing how long you're going to be stuck with him as owner, as he could be intending to pass the club down through his family for generations! :help:

42 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

Now I could be totally wrong here, but I think I remember reading that he bought the club for his son - so maybe this is the REAL reason for his 'involvement'?

Maybe he's just 'looking after' things and keeping the club ticking over until his son is old enough (I've no idea how old he is?) to take over and run things?

... then there's no knowing how long you're going to be stuck with him as owner, as he could be intending to pass the club down through his family for generations! :help:

That was all a big misunderstanding, he asked his son what he wanted for Christmas and the lad said he'd always wanted a cowboy outfit and it all got confused after that.

The old ones are the best, but I'll get mi coat anyway 🤠

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, Mr Bloke said:

From what I've read, it appears that Mr Tuna has very little interest in understanding what it really means to local people that he owns their football club.

He seems to have very little affinity with fans and treats it just like owning any other business - it's his, and he thinks he should be able to do what he likes with it!

Which got me thinking...
... why would someone buy a football club on the other side of the world if your heart wasn't in it?

Well as an investment - obviously!

The statement that his heart isn't in it is totally wrong, he's fully committed he just hasn't got a clue how to run a football club but appears to think he has, no other revenue streams are explored so he's got the idea that if he put's money in (it's not in question that he does) he wrongly expects fans to do the same. 

7 minutes ago, top4718 said:

The statement that his heart isn't in it is totally wrong, he's fully committed he just hasn't got a clue how to run a football club but appears to think he has, no other revenue streams are explored so he's got the idea that if he put's money in (it's not in question that he does) he wrongly expects fans to do the same. 

Didn't he once say the fans money means nothing or words to that effect?.