Norfolk Park Festival

they would have a problem if it was hillsbrough park as that never stops with bands,funfairs,SWFC day,circus ect,ect ,then the people would moan.but trust me that will be the problem at hillsbrough park the footfall will damage the grass eventually.

• 2 weeks later...

You obviously didn't read my comment properly, did you?

I'm not "moaning as if it was the whole park shut for the day" 

I never said any such thing.

I am saying that as it is a public space, then the public should be entitled to enjoy the event, even if they have to make a financial contribution, rather than succumb to big business.

Please do not misconstru my post.

26 minutes ago, mancmart said:

You obviously didn't read my comment properly, did you?

I'm not "moaning as if it was the whole park shut for the day" 

I never said any such thing.

I am saying that as it is a public space, then the public should be entitled to enjoy the event, even if they have to make a financial contribution, rather than succumb to big business.

Please do not misconstru my post.

Have you made a formal complaint? 

Would the general public really want to pay to go and join a staff party of a company they don't work for? I certainly wouldn't, but each to their own. 

Edited by HeHasRisen

7 minutes ago, radio_peter said:

I have just received a scratch card that says I have won 4 free day tickets for the 28th and 29th . However there is a £4.95 booking fee. Has anyone else received one ?

Yes its for the Sausage and Cider Festival thing, mine went straight in the bin unscratched. Its just a few tribute bands, and some overpriced food stalls

https://www.sausageandciderfest.co.uk/sheffield

A fiver for four tickets that are currently retailing at just under £80 isnt too bad though, if thats your kinda thing.

It is NOT for the Norfork Park Fayre, a free event which isnt held until the end of August (usually)

Edited by HeHasRisen

1 minute ago, radio_peter said:

Thanks for that. I was wondering if they all have a winning card . I see there are 500 maximum so will go quickly if popular. Just good publicity?

Be two things I guess :

a) bit of goodwill for people in the surrounding area as it will likely be noisy (until 1030pm)

b) the event isnt selling very well.

It wont be the whole park either, you could probably take yer picnic blanket and 4 cans for a fiver, and pitch up anywhere else outside the perimeter and hear everything as clear as day.

Edited by HeHasRisen