Sheffield , Its A International City Now .

12 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Just out of interest, do you think the same about the significant English communities that are in Spain, who dont mix with the locals? Whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

I was in Benidorm many years ago when their currency was Peseta's.

Me and the wife decided to have a look round a new housing development...

When there, we saw an estate agent showing a young couple the house's.

As we approached them, I said to the Estate agent, "How mucho Pesetas these house's"

He replied,

" **** off, no ****ing English.

12 minutes ago, Padders said:

I was in Benidorm many years ago when their currency was Peseta's.

Me and the wife decided to have a look round a new housing development...

When there, we saw an estate agent showing a young couple the house's.

As we approached them, I said to the Estate agent, "How mucho Pesetas these house's"

He replied,

" **** off, no ****ing English.

I have a friend whose father lives somewhere in Spain, just outside of Alicante. Its a small village which is almost exclusively English, none of the locals have made any effort whatsoever to learn the language, they all go in the same bar etc. Its no different to what people on this thread have moaned about today.

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

I have a friend whose father lives somewhere in Spain, just outside of Alicante. Its a small village which is almost exclusively English, none of the locals have made any effort whatsoever to learn the language, they all go in the same bar etc. Its no different to what people on this thread have moaned about today.

Hmmm... :huh:

I suppose it's possible...

... but to be honest, I stopped believing another fairy tale at the fourth word! :hihi:

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Just out of interest, do you think the same about the significant English communities that are in Spain, who dont mix with the locals? Whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

Yes.

Do you believe people moving to this country should adopt this country's culture.?

1 minute ago, harvey19 said:

Yes.

Do you believe people moving to this country should adopt this country's culture.?

Yup. Was just lobbing an example involving ignorant English people into the mix. Simply dont understand how you could move to Spain and not learn anything about the language and/or culture, its baffling.

19 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

What happens in other countries maybe doesn't please the population.

Edited by harvey19

Just now, harvey19 said:

Try sticking to the subject which is this city without deflecting what others do in other countries.

Its hardly a Sheffield problem though. No doubt if Leeds Forum, Nottingham Forum, Leicester Forum existed they would all be having the same moans.