Simmonites Butchers - Division St

I am getting on a bit in years and do not go to that area of town anymore as the buses have stopped running down Division Street. I suspect this may have contributed to decreasing footfall.

Edited by Glennis

1 hour ago, Glennis said:

I am getting on a bit in years and do not go to that area of town anymore as the buses have stopped running down Division Street. I suspect this may have contributed to decreasing footfall.

The butchers moved there long after buses stopped going down that way, that's certainly no excuse for them closing. 

Edited by HeHasRisen

Yes, the closure of Simmonites is a big loss. My family used to shop for their meat whenn they had a stall in the old Castle Market. They didn't move to the new Moor Market, because they objected to the rents and they moved to Division St instead. Their premises in Division St were much posher and their clientele suddenly became more middle-class, but their prices were still reasonable and their products were still good. Their staff were friendly and helpful - always willing to give advice on which cuts of meat to buy and how to prepare and cook these meats. It's not clear why the have suddenly decided to close - but they will definitely be missed by a lot of their customers,

On 05/07/2023 at 17:52, Glennis said:

Hi Glennis,

For the last 3 or so years buses have been running part way on Division Street. They go down West Street, down Carver Street, then turn right onto Division Street.

On 05/07/2023 at 17:52, Glennis said:

Hi Glennis,

For the last 3 or so years buses have been running part way on Division Street. They go down West Street, down Carver Street, then turn right onto Division Street.